What's new

Wobblehead now $72.00 at kleen-rite

slash007

Reaction score
Anyone try the new design? I was at one wash yesterday and 2 out of the 3 people in the bays at the time were using the brush dry, or with the weep from it. Made me really consider trying the wobble heads out.

pgrzes

Reaction score
I installed these the beginning of the winter and I still see people all day trying to dry/weep brush their car. I just spent nearly 25k on new selector doors and I get ****ed when people want to wash for free!!!!! I always tell people that they are scratching the hell out of their car with all the salt on them, but I doubt that when they dip the brush into the foam on the ground they care much about it!!!

Jeff_L

Reaction score
I'd appreciate hearing from those of you who have incorporated the wobble head into your wash. I almost pulled the trigger on them before the sale, but couldn't stomach the price. Now that they are half price, the only thing holding me back is not hearing from those of you who have them. I understand the mechanics, but was the change worth it along with the education of customers?

cap732000

Reaction score
That is crazy! I have owned car washes for years of and on and I have never experienced that but it seems very common for people trying to use the weep asnd brush to wash car for free!

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Bought and installed a couple of years ago. I can't ay that it made any financial difference but at least the guy doesn't use it as a broom to sweep out the dirty pickup bed and mess up the hogs hair brush and I get my money's worth in satisfaction making it difficult for the freeloaders.

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
Bought and installed a couple of years ago. I can't ay that it made any financial difference but at least the guy doesn't use it as a broom to sweep out the dirty pickup bed and mess up the hogs hair brush and I get my money's worth in satisfaction making it difficult for the freeloaders.
I guess you just lost all the freeloader business.:p

washme1

Reaction score
I'd appreciate hearing from those of you who have incorporated the wobble head into your wash. I almost pulled the trigger on them before the sale, but couldn't stomach the price. Now that they are half price, the only thing holding me back is not hearing from those of you who have them. I understand the mechanics, but was the change worth it along with the education of customers?
I put the them in my five SS bays a couple of years ago. I have been pleased and would do it again. I use hogs hair brushes. They're expensive and have lasted longer since installing the wobbleheads. Some people still try to use them improperly but it is difficult. I believe my revenues have increased as a result. It would be difficult to say how much but I don't see near as much tag teaming. Also, I have automatic doors on my bays. When it is cold, the customers tend to stay and use more features like the brush due to comfortable temp in the bay.

The ones I have are stainless steel. The new ones are aluminum. The new ones can be repaired.

cleancar

Reaction score
I tried 1 wobblehead and it took 30 seconds for it to get stiff. I even jacked the pressure of air/product above what I was told to do. Not impressed and I returned it. I even hooked it up to the bay that was closest to the equipment room.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
I tried 1 wobblehead and it took 30 seconds for it to get stiff. I even jacked the pressure of air/product above what I was told to do. Not impressed and I returned it. I even hooked it up to the bay that was closest to the equipment room.
This would be my concern. What is the average stiffening time for the wobble head? Do you think this was a one off unique instance?

cleancar

Reaction score
No. I have seen it at the shows and it works great then. Of course the "equipment room" is right beside them also!!

pgrzes

Reaction score
Almost worth the cost just for the comedic value!!! Its hilarious watching the cheapo's trying to brush the car/trucks with the brush floppin around. But they still keep doing it anyway.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
They are well worth the $72.00 price tag because my customers who used to "Tag Team" my bay now understand that isn't going to happen anymore I love it.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Just had a customer run out of time while using the brush and it began to wobble he looked so confused until I explained to him the new brush and guess what he said "That makes "sense"" I said yep Pun intended

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
I just picked up 2 and both are defective, I will be returning them. I'm too cheap to pay shipping 3 times for the same item though, so it'll wait until the next trip to KR.

One of them does not have the parts on the inside of the handle - but there is a crumbled up newspaper plug in it, not sure why that would be there but its not accidental. The other one, the bushing at the top is cross threaded and only 1/4 of the way in - no way to get it out that I can see.

On a brighter note, I am impressed with the way they addressed all the past criticisms of the wobblehead, kudos for that. Assuming the new design works as well as the old design I'll use them in all my bays now.

washme1

Reaction score
My experience has been about 15 seconds to get stiff.

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
At $72 I figured I could try one. I think it's slow to get stiff also, compounded by the fact that if the customer is trying to use it before it gets stiff the piston has a difficult time trying to engage with the head not in a straight position.