What's new

Wobble Head and VacLitz

seattleguy

Reaction score
I must admit I like gadgets so i decided to give these a go. In case anyone was considering them here is my review.

Wobble Head. It works exactly as advertised. Kind of pricey ($139 on sale) but well worth it to watch the guys that don't want to pay try and wash their car with it in "wobble mode." I had foam brush holders with the wheels. It wont fit in those and I had to replace them with Kleen Rite part number FHH300-R, which seem better anyway. It take a few seconds to turn on but so far not a problem. I had a few questions about why it wasn't stiff but as soon as I explained it and pointed to the sign they were cool. Some people still try to wash with it wobbly and it is amusing.

VacLitz - pretty cheap (Kleen Rite special) and work as expected. I'm, in Seattle so on a nice day it is still dark and dreary so I think it helps. The light is actually pretty bright when inside the car. I was scared they would be stolen but so far so good. Hopefully customers will see that we care and added an "extra" to the vacs and appreciate it.

MEP001

Reaction score
I thought about trying the VAClitz claw, but I'll grind the name off first.

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
You saying it wouldn't be entertaining to 'see that'? You must not be in a college town....

washme1

Reaction score
I've been using Wobbleheads in my five self serve bays for about a year. I am pleased with them. Like Seattleguy says, it takes around 15 seconds (maybe more at my furthest bay) to get an erection first thing in the morning. Not an issue with moderate traffic. Some customers still try to use them dry by holding the head in one hand and the handle in other and do the "twist" as they attempt to use them. The handle has the feel of quality and I believe adds to my image of quality equipment.

I tried two VacLitz from KR. One lasted a day, the other about about a week. KR gave me a refund. A few times being thrown to the concrete is all it takes to break the cheap plastic fasteners holding the light to the claw. The light worked well, just poorly engineered. They may have changed the design. KR told me they were aware of problems.

madscientist

Reaction score
I agree with the VAClitz reviews. Great idea. Bright light. The light compartment gets broken off within a few days. I've already spent more time working on these nozzles in 7 days than I have spent working on basic vac nozzles in 17 years.

I'm going to try to super glue them back on. Nothing to lose.

seattleguy

Reaction score
I am a few weeks with the VAClitz and so far so good. 10 in operation and all still work.

cwguy.com

The Eric
Reaction score
I read this thread the other day and drove to my wash.... a bucket washer brought his own water and his own cheap broom brush. Would the wobblehead help with that? LOL :) All seriousness..... has anyone seen an increase of people bringing their own brushes? I think the logic is if they are not using my brush it's not bad? (I am also using nice dog hair brushes! I know what you thinking. :) )

WikiWash

Reaction score
I have had all the same poor experience with the vaclites too. They are not built for durability at all, they lasted maybe a week at my site. I'm back to the regular old trusty vac claw!

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Hi all,
any news on the Vaclitz? Have they improved on the quality? I like the idea.

BTW There is another one http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-2-1-2-in-LED-Lighted-Car-Nozzle-VT2539/204960485
JustClean,

It doesn't say anything about automatically shutting itself off??? I am thinking that most customers will leave the linked Home Depot claw on ... running down the battery. The Ridgid Led Lighted Vac Claw does look pretty heavy duty though.

mike walsh http://www.kingkoin.com/USA_Deficit_Reduction.html

Mr. Clean

Reaction score
I have given up on VacLitz - the light mechanism didn't last long enough to be of value to anyone and the angle of the claw makes them prone to plugging up.

Etowah

pgrzes

Reaction score
I bought the wobbleheads when I saw the BOGO sale at Kleen rite. I am planning on installing in the next week or so. I hope they dont get destroyed, I have continual arguments with weep washers.