What's new

Wizard/Unitec problem

wisheewashee

Reaction score
Interesting issue I am having. I have a Unitec paystation with a 1.0 Wizard.
The enter now light and drive forward light stay on. If you drive in it will wash your car (3rd cycle), then start again. I was on the phone with Al from Coleman for over an hour and we could not identify the problem. Although the reset switch does not work properly control panel. When you push it, it does light up #3 on the ID-08 but does not light up the blue relay or the #14 light on IOC-16.

Lights #14 and #15 are constantly lit up on the ID-08 as well. Even if you power down the panel and back up they are lit.

We did go into Red Lion and set Unitec Paystation to "off". Then reset switch works properly. So Coleman believe some kind of signal is being sent from Unitec station telling to select cycle 3.

All lights are correct in the gantry. The eyes are functioning properly.

Could something have happened to the Unitec like a power surge or lightning strike that is causing this problem? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I'm not real good at this, but yes it is possible that the unitec relay is latched closed. I know a guy that had a lighting strike do this.

The unitec has more outputs than you need and there is a way to change relay outputs on your washselect in the setup menu. You can program another relay and swap wires to the new output and it should fix it.