What's new

Wiring a Nayax Amit 3.0 with Dixmor timer

ARueck

Reaction score
We are testing a new Nayax Amit 3.0 with a VPOS card reader using the "Count-Up" function. Our Nayax is programmed correctly, but the relay that is wired between the reader and the timer is not switching once a card is read and approved (LED light comes on the relay, but does not switch from Normally Closed to Normally open). Hoping others have come across this and may have a solution.

MEP001

Reaction score
Sounds like an issue with the relay, like the contacts are fused closed, or possibly incorrect coil voltage applied.

For clarity sake, the relay would be _PDT (however many poles, double throw), normally open, or normally closed. It doesn't switch from normally closed to normally open, it would either be normally closed and open on coil energize or vise versa.

ARueck

Reaction score
Sounds like an issue with the relay, like the contacts are fused closed, or possibly incorrect coil voltage applied.

For clarity sake, the relay would be _PDT (however many poles, double throw), normally open, or normally closed. It doesn't switch from normally closed to normally open, it would either be normally closed and open on coil energize or vise versa.
You could be right - the only reason why I'm hesitant on that is because we have used 3 different relays - under the same assumption that we were using a faulty relay (even though 2/3 were brand new)... I have attached a picture of the relay we are using, if you find any value in that

Attachments

MEP001

Reaction score
What voltage are you applying to the relay?

Are you using the "NC" and "COM" lugs to open a circuit?

ARueck

Reaction score
What voltage are you applying to the relay?

Are you using the "NC" and "COM" lugs to open a circuit?
24V is going to the relay.

From the Nayax side of the relay, a VCC wire to the A2 port of the relay, a pulse wire to the A1 port.

From the relay to the timer, we were putting the COM to the 24 VAC "Hot" of the timer, and NO to the 24 VAC timer post.

Etowah

MEP001

Reaction score
I assume you're sending 24V DC to the relay? That's the coil voltage of the one you showed.

Are you trying to close a circuit on power to the relay? In your first post you mentioned switching FROM NC to NO, so you would need to use the NC side for that.

ARueck

Reaction score
I assume you're sending 24V DC to the relay? That's the coil voltage of the one you showed.

Are you trying to close a circuit on power to the relay? In your first post you mentioned switching FROM NC to NO, so you would need to use the NC side for that.
I really appreciate the help - seems that we may not know how to wire this relay properly - neither does Nayax or the other various companies we have talked to.

When we hook up the Nayax to the A1 and A2 lug, and then attached the NC to the 24 VAC time and COM to "Hot", the motor of the pump always runs, regardless if payment has been applied. That's why, instead of using the NC lug, we were using the NO lug (my thought was that when power was applied to the relay, the relay "flipped" to send power out the COM and the NO)

MEP001

Reaction score
Right, NC means the circuit is always closed, so you've basically direct-wired the power through, but that should have caused the motor to stop running when the Nayax payment went through.

Have you confirmed the power coming from the Nayax unit that's meant to energize the relay coil?

ARueck

Reaction score
I believe it is 8 Volt DC going from the Nayax to the relay. Maybe that's not enough to power the relay?

MEP001

Reaction score
Most likely, since the relay you pictured requires 24V DC.

Bob Koo

Reaction score
I believe it is 8 Volt DC going from the Nayax to the relay. Maybe that's not enough to power the relay?
We just installed Nayax VPOS’s on our SS Bays with Dixmor LED 6 and Magic Kist acceptance, plus our other voltage requirement was firing our Vac It Up coin vac system The same voltage issues were encountered but rectified by just dropping a power wire from our power supply from our camera system.

Attachments

ARueck

Reaction score
We just installed Nayax VPOS’s on our SS Bays with Dixmor LED 6 and Magic Kist acceptance, plus our other voltage requirement was firing our Vac It Up coin vac system The same voltage issues were encountered but rectified by just dropping a power wire from our power supply from our camera system.
Hi Bob - interesting you had the same problem - can you give me a little bit more info on how you fixed the voltage problem? Thanks!

Lilwarrenb

Reaction score
Did you ever figure it out, I am looking at buying the Nayax VPOS and wondering how it works in the SS Bays.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
The readers are $10CDN/month, plus fees. Have not solved the issue yet.... not getting enough power to the relay to turn it on still.
ARueck,

The 8 VDC that you mentioned should be verified with a multimeter. If so, it seems you will need another relay whose coil will work with 8VDC ... then transfer the proper voltage to the Dixmor. Also you mentioned in your words "From the Nayax side of the relay, a VCC wire to the A2 port of the relay, a pulse wire to the A1 port."

From experience sometimes "pulses" can be tricky when it comes to finding a specific relay that does the pulse right. I ran into that when we modified our 16 laundromat dryers to accept the 4 pulses for dollar coin conversion using Parker $1-Qtr Coin Mechs. It turned out that an inexpensive Radio Shack Class C cube relay is was what finally worked. Been working great since about 2011.