What's new

Wireless Monitoring

Timmb

Reaction score
I have had this system https://www.monnit.com/ in for 4 years & it works great. I think the cost is reasonable. I use the cellular interface but if you have a PC running you can do it cheaper with just buying the sensors. It will text/ email or both as many people as you want. I run temp sensors for floor heat, IBA heat, tank high/low water, power out, low air pressure and more. They have all kinds of sensors you can adapt to anything in our business. After the initial cost of the sensors & cellular interface I pay $10.00 a month for monitoring. PC monitoring is free. Worth it for my peace of mind & saved my butt more than a few times, along with cameras to verify(maybe the leak isn't a flood and can wait) to make sure you don't waste a trip to the wash. Check it out easy to set up. View attachment 1094

slash007

Reaction score
How do you check air pressure? I don't' see a sensor for that. Would love to know when my compressor turns off.

Timmb

Reaction score
There is a easy way not $300. I have to look at how i did mine. I think I put in a "dummy" cut in switch & put a closed contact sensor on that & set it 20lbs lower than my cut in pressure.

Timmb

Reaction score
Yup just a regular compressor pressure switch adjusted to your needs. Just using the cut in pressure side set for whatever low pressure setting you set to trigger the sensor. Not $300!

nickwallace85

Reaction score
Have you wired any sensors to track your bay/vac sales? I'm curious how this would have to be wired and if I can accomplish using the basic GINSAN 401 timer I have?

sparkey

Reaction score
I do all of this through one PLC including keeping track of bay/vac sales. With a designated PLC you are not limited to just a few inputs. I have it all tied to my cell phone to monitor and control different things.

nickwallace85

Reaction score
I do all of this through one PLC including keeping track of bay/vac sales. With a designated PLC you are not limited to just a few inputs. I have it all tied to my cell phone to monitor and control different things.
Can you provide some details on your setup? Or PM me to discuss. Im trying to figure out best way to purchase and install a system that will meet all my needs.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I'd like more info also. I have not kept up with the latest PLC technology but if there is an easy solution to control some outputs I'm interested!

sparkey

Reaction score
I use a device from Weintek model number mtv-100 which is basically a HMI without a display. It has an HDMI output for a TV for a display at your wash. The weintek communicates with the PLC and handles the remote access for my cell phone, sends me emails etc. I have an allen bradley SLC5/05 plc but the weintek would work with about any industrial quality PLC. It can communicate ethernet or serial to the PLC.