What's new

Winter Season and Weep

Good Moody

Reaction score
Im in Maine and have always run warm water weep and all other spray applications to my self serve guns, I heard someone saying they run cold water weep and cold water to all other spray applications except soap that they run warm water with.

Have you seen this or something similar before in extreme cold weather environments?

Thanks!!

OurTown

Reaction score
We run cold weep and rinse but hot soap and wax. The cold weep kept our bays from freezing during our multi day -10F days several weeks ago. Your customers might prefer hot rinse though for melting snow and ice off their cars.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Same as Ourtown. We don't live that far apart, so similar weather and temps. Cold water weep and rinse. Hot soap and wax cycles. I can weep 750 gallons of water a day below 15deg. Through 4 hp wands. To me, heating this much water is a big waste of $$$.

Randy

Reaction score
We never weep warm/hot water though our weep system. It'd be a waste of money. This morning it was 31 deg. and raining and the weep was weeping. I hate to see all that water going down the drain.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
I don't weep foam brush or foam guns. I use a home made air blowout and washer fluid injection system that saves even more $$$ every winter.

MEP001

Reaction score
I don't weep foam brush or foam guns. I use a home made air blowout and washer fluid injection system that saves even more $$$ every winter.
I don't blow anything out except for high pressure. The last two bad freezes (down to 15° F) I've only had one tubing line split, and it was brittle af.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Mep, The weather I get is much much worse than what you get. Location and weather history dictates the level of winterizing that needs to be done.

Good Moody

Reaction score
We run cold weep and rinse but hot soap and wax. The cold weep kept our bays from freezing during our multi day -10F days several weeks ago. Your customers might prefer hot rinse though for melting snow and ice off their cars.
Yes, there is alot of snow and ice removal that takes place, especially on pick up
plow trucks

Good Moody

Reaction score
Same as Ourtown. We don't live that far apart, so similar weather and temps. Cold water weep and rinse. Hot soap and wax cycles. I can weep 750 gallons of water a day below 15deg. Through 4 hp wands. To me, heating this much water is a big waste of $$$.
Dont you have people melting snow and ice from there cars at your location? Im just curious, Thanks!

slash007

Reaction score
I weep hot when it gets down below 5-8 degrees. Did that at two washes this year and no freeze ups, kept one weeping cold and all 3 bays froze. Hit -4 that day.