What's new

Windshield washer fluid vending

packerscw

Reaction score
Does anyone currently have a windshield washer fluid vending machine? Never really heard of it, until I was surfing the web and came across it. What do you think of it? How does it do? What is the cost?

bigleo48

Reaction score
Made one...cost about $800 to make, but I used parts I already had, so much less. Buy bulk fluid.

packerscw

Reaction score
W

How long do you have the timer set per 2.00? How much fluid is used per 2.00?

bigleo48

Reaction score
I need to add that to the signage. You get about 1/2 gallon of -40F fluid. I'm think of going to $3 and get 3/4 of a gallon.

packerscw

Reaction score
Hmm..sounds interesting. Do you get a lot of people using the self serve windshield washer vending machine?

bigleo48

Reaction score
Not a lot yet. Last winter was not a messy winter and so I didn't use more than a jug all winter (usually I use 4 to 6).

Having said that, it has paid for itself already.

But the way I see it, its another revenue center that goes with everything else that brings in cash.

Big

packerscw

Reaction score
Do you just buy jugs of washer solvent? Or do you order it by the drum?

bigleo48

Reaction score
Neither really...I buy it bulk and a truck comes and fills my own drums. I pay a certain price per gallon that is cheaper than anywhere else.

The company that fills mine have their own gravity fed dispensers like this one.

packerscw

Reaction score
I see..yea for sure this windshield washer vending is something I would like to maybe add. Especially with the winter season around the corner.

Randy

Reaction score
I talked to the sales guy at Spenser about a year ago. I got the impression he didn’t want to talk to me and he kept putting me off when I asked what the cost of his dispenser was. As I recall it was very expensive, I don’t recall the exact price, but it was high.

The best windshield washer cleaner I’ve found is made in Salem Oregon by 20/10 products. www.2010products.com/products/auto.htm all the rest is mostly blue colored water. I mix up about 2 gallons a year, it really cuts the road film.

packerscw

Reaction score
Big leo,

how do you have your washer system set up? Seems like all u need is a pump, drum and regulator.

Thanks

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Would you really need a pump if you placed the chemical above the point of sale? Seems you would just need a timer and NC solenoid (plus hose and stuff).

bigleo48

Reaction score
A pump really helps. Gravity can make the solenoids act funny.

So a floject, timer, solenoids, regulator, coinbox, coin mech, hoses, nozzle, ball valves etc.

packerscw

Reaction score
Looks and sounds like something very easy to set up. Am working on it this week