What's new

Windshield washer fluid or RV anti freeze?

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Duane & others,

When it comes to some internet connections used remotely at wireless hotspots (guest logins etc) ... I am baffled by how "an IP address not found" can cause an internet connection loss. The cell phone's data plan tends to not do that but it can get a bit expensive leaving data transmission on the cell phone on continuously ... to monitor sensors it seems!!! I could be wrong but it seems like 5G could aggravate the expense part of the equation even more? SMS (text) solutions proving reliable???

Noob

Reaction score
Trying to put the finishing touches on the manual blowdown system. I have a couple of questions. My plan is to tie the blowdown/antifreeze line into the exit side of the chemical solenoids with a tee with one line being the chemical line and the other being for the blowdown. My question is do I need to install check valves before the tees? In other words do I need the block then the check valve then the tee or is it ok without using check valves?

One other question is on the flojet. All my current flojets are controlled or cut on/off by the chemical solenoids opening and closing on the exit side of the flojet. The flojets are always under air pressure. For the manual system is it ok to control the flojet with a ball valve on the incoming air line or would it be batter to control the jet with a ball valve on the exit side of the chemical line and leave the air pressure constant?

MEP001

Reaction score
If you're tee'ing into all the product lines and they'll be fed with one air source, yes, you're going to need a check valve on each line or any one bay that comes on will flow through all the connected blowdown lines and out all the bays.

Either will work controlling the Flojet, but for many reasons it would be better to have a valve on the air line to the Flojet.

Randy

Reaction score
You’re making this harder than it should be. I just revamped my manual blow down system. I put 2 “T”’s in the weep system just downstream of the weep solenoid valve, one for air blow down and the other for the windshield washer field injection from the Flojet pump. I made a manifold to supply air to the blow down and the Flojet. So if I want to blow down the system with washer fluid all I have to do is close the ball valve for the weep water, open the air ball valve and blow air into the weep system, than close the ball valve and open the ball valve for the washer fluid and open the air to the Flojet pump and blow down everything.