What's new

Why is Kleen-Rite Shipping so much?

washnvac

Reaction score
Here is something to bitch about---Hamilton just charged me $30.59 to return a repaired validator. I sent it to them for $14.80 using their box and packaging material. So they had no cost in return other than actual ship cost. (Of course, they call it shipping & handling.)

OurTown

Reaction score
Here is something to bitch about---Hamilton just charged me $30.59 to return a repaired validator. I sent it to them for $14.80 using their box and packaging material. So they had no cost in return other than actual ship cost. (Of course, they call it shipping & handling.)

Must be handling it a lot.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Its everywhere. Just got 10K of tokens ordered from van brook of lexington (osborne). Over $100 in shipping. They would have fit in two large flat rate boxes and been less than $40 if someone went to the effort.

Randy

Reaction score
When you ship a validator to Hamilton for repair they toss your packing material and use new material when they ship your validator back. Hamilton charges an $8.00 handling fee on every order. Hamilton also insures every item for full replacement valve, an XE validator they would insure it for $900.00 list price.

Last Tuesday I repaired a Hamilton DRS Hopper for a customer who is 30 miles away. He was too busy and too much traffic to come get so I sent it back by UPS. The shipping was $26.63, he was OK with that, he didn’t have to fight the traffic and spend 2 hours on the road.

MurrayYvonne

Banned
Reaction score
You should have indicated that you don't need a delivery because there is no point paying 19$ when the shop is three hours away from your home. Still, if you already ordered your package, I will recommend you to use an epacket tracking. I am working for quite a while in the delivery industry, and I know how poor the delivery services can be, so to make sure that the delivery process will go well, it's better to use a system like that. Anyway, I hope that you will receive your parcel without any problems.

Last edited:

Rfreeman

Reaction score
So I am 20 mins away from their (KR) Texas warehouse and I told them to put 7 price decals on their next transfer truck to their warehouse for me to pick up. Well came into the office this morning and they shipped the decals:

Decals: $4.06
SHIPPING: $8.74
Tax: $1.06

Total: $13.86! Yikes!!!!

Also as opposed to shipping them in an envelope they used a 6x6x6 box???

Carwash_Fix_It_Man

Reaction score
UPS rates have gone way up in the last couple years. Kleen-Rite actually does the best they can in keeping shipping costs down. The only reason they don't do as well as other companies is that they aren't sending a thousand identical-sized boxes at once in a big container to be sorted at the UPS facility, everything has to be hand-scanned at pickup. They've even managed to get UPS to waive the $20 fee for shipping a five gallon pail without it being in a box.
I bought a 5gal pail of drying agent from dultmier sales the cheapest shipping option was thru ups and costed me $75, the chemical inside the pail only cost me $60!

AutoSpaMobMO

Reaction score
I ordered several items for vending, some foam brush heads and a foam brush handle at the beginning of July. I received everything but the handle and it still hasn't arrived. I can't get anyone from Kleen-rite to return an email or a phone call.
I ended up ordering a handle from Windtrax and it arrived within the week. Windtrax has my business!

sparkey

Reaction score
You should have indicated that you don't need a delivery because there is no point paying 19$ when the shop is three hours away from your home. Still, if you already ordered your package, I will recommend you to use an epacket tracking. I am working for quite a while in the delivery industry, and I know how poor the delivery services can be, so to make sure that the delivery process will go well, it's better to use a system like that. Anyway, I hope that you will receive your parcel without any problems.
Who in their right mind would drive 3 hours to save $19. You would have more than that in fuel, not to mention the labor.