What's new

Why dont Vacuum rates mirror self serve wash rates?

Etowah

Worschman

Reaction score
I'm $2/4 minutes cash and Cryptopay at both of my washes. Also, c/c usage is steady at 11% of vacuum revenue.

AutoSpaMobMO

Reaction score
I agree 150% , our prices are $5 for 5 minutes in bays, and $3 for 3 minutes on Vacs. Business is GOOD..
What part of the country are you located. I'm in central Missouri and a small town of 15,000. I was the cheapest at 50 cents for a minute and 20 seconds when I bought it. I recently increased if to $1 for 2.5 minutes. Nobody has complained but I am afraid to go higher.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm $2/4 minutes cash and Cryptopay at both of my washes. Also, c/c usage is steady at 11% of vacuum revenue.
Wow, I don't think I'd add cryptopay to the vacs at only 11% of total revenue / cc.

Worschman

Reaction score
It's all about customer convenience - providing an easy cleaning experience which includes having them part with their money and feel good about it, whether it's cash or c/c!

Liberty

Reaction score
I agree with you people buy coffee,breakfast sandwich,donuts and gas every day never once do they realize the price change.
We don't change our prices for years in the SS business even though all of our expenses have sky rocked.
I raised my bays $2.50 for 4 minutes.
If they don't like it sorry.We work way to hard to keep everything running.

New Washdog

Reaction score
Just installing new vacs and are going to adjust pricing. We are a busy IBA site in New England on a tight lot so we need to encourage turnover. We are going to take cash and cc/debit cards only.

Thinking of a $3 start to account for cc fees, but not sure on how much per minute? Anyone willing to share where they are at?

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
A couple of years ago we raised our vac from $1 to $2 and raised our time to 12 minute.
We have a lot of washes around us and our customer like our more time rate.

New Washdog

Reaction score
A couple of years ago we raised our vac from $1 to $2 and raised our time to 12 minute.
We have a lot of washes around us and our customer like our more time rate.
Where are you that prices are so low??

Our site had the price of $1 for 4 minutes for the last 18 years and with the investment of new islands, vacs and paving I figured it was worth a substantial increase.

Etowah