What's new

Why do you stay here?

Eric H

Reaction score
I’m sometimes jaded about the Carwash industry but this video pretty much sums up why I stay. Thank you to those that support each other

OurTown

Reaction score
That makes me want to go meet and talk to more of my competitors. We are in a club that nobody on the outside can understand what we deal with. Most people are amazed when I tell them the things that go on at our car wash and ours is not too bad compared to some of the stories I read here. (and Talk Car Wash on Facebook) I have watched probably 20 or 30 of that guy's "shorts" videos and he has some really good wisdom and many funny stories about the septic business.

MEP001

Reaction score
I discovered James Butler about a month ago. He has the best stories and seems like a pretty good guy, as long as you don't piss him off. There's a long video where he is cleaning out an employee's truck, and at the end the employee walks up. If I were James I would have fired the guy for his attitude alone. James didn't fire him.

There's a guy east of me who owns a car wash service company and is buying up every car wash he can. I've never met him, but everyone I have talked to him about it says he's an asshole.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I find a lot of freedom within this business. It seems like it takes about 20 to 30 years to get it really figured out and making money well. It also takes about that long sometimes to find decent employees to help you run your business.

I think it's very healthy for me to work outside on a daily basis. The physical work of the car wash plus helping get some cars washed for my full serve detail shop is good for the body and has kept me fairly healthy into my 50s.

All the friends I've met on the forum and in person are very valuable to me and that says a lot about the type of business car washing is. We love to help each other out and to see each other succeed.

Greg_T

Reaction score
1 Licola Road, Heyfield, Victoria, Australia
I think this is an interesting question to ask any small business owner. If you look at the long hours worked, risks that you take on, responsibilities on your shoulders etc. it often wouldn't make sense to someone else. For me personally it's the opportunity to do things my own way - make certain choices, take on board certain risks, live with both the successes and the failures. But also to employ people, giving them good jobs that hopefully they find satisfying and meaningful.

traveler17

Reaction score
That makes me want to go meet and talk to more of my competitors. We are in a club that nobody on the outside can understand what we deal with. Most people are amazed when I tell them the things that go on at our car wash and ours is not too bad compared to some of the stories I read here. (and Talk Car Wash on Facebook) I have watched probably 20 or 30 of that guy's "shorts" videos and he has some really good wisdom and many funny stories about the septic business.
People were amazed me showing them this when they ask what happened to one of my lantanas …😬

Attachments