What's new

Why buy a shurvend--security & technology

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
I started experimenting with new glass-front vendors with the latest technology in 1996 on my own washes using expanded steel mesh frames as security. Vending car wash items was difficult and not very successful because the vending helixes made just one 360 degree turn & didn’t always vend product. Security from vandalism and theft was difficult to achieve because the bad guys always seem to find a weak spot in your design since we don’t think like bad guys!! A few other operators who tried glass-front vendors didn’t have any better success than I did, so we were all very frustrated.

In 1998 I found a glass-front vendor manufactured by a new company (AMS) with a patented “Guaranteed Delivery System” that provided the technology to move car wash vending to a reliable and profitable operation for wash operators. I designed and built a more robust security system that was aesthetically more pleasing to protect the vendor from theft and vandalism. This increased my sales volume 200-400% over my old drop shelf systems. I thought I had the secret to higher vendor sales, so in 1999 ShurVend was created and we exhibited our first high security vendor later that same year at the Western Car Wash show in Las Vegas. (Vendors sold at that first show are still operating and in use today)

ShurVend continued to develop our secure and reliable vendors using new designs & technology as we received feedback from our customers. We learned how to eliminate all pry points, to protect the credit card readers, and allow minimum openings for bills, coins, keypads, and displays! We even starting installing horizontal bars over the window, if the customer wanted them, to intimidate the bad guys in rough areas. Since we instituted these design changes, we are not aware of any loss of money or product in a ShurVend vendor since 2012.

Cont'd

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
The electronic ShurVend has its own bill validator, coin acceptance and wireless credit card systems, so it is a highly secured stand-alone vendor. The stand-alone (Kiosk Style) feature allows it to be installed anywhere on the wash site. With the help of our customers we learned that the vendor can best serve customers and increase sales revenue by locating it in or near the vacuuming area of the wash.

The bill validator and credit card acceptance provided in the ShurVend vendor makes the selling of higher priced items, combination packages, token packs, and token note packs very easy and profitable. The values for these items and packs can be $5--$50 or more per vend.

The investment in a highly secured, well located, electronic ShurVend that offers up to 51 selections and credit card acceptance ranges from $4000-$8000. Many ShurVend customers regularly record monthly sales of $700--$1500 which provides a respectable ROI.

We think ShurVend is the best vending system in the car wash industry and ask distributors, owners and/or operators of Self Serve and Express Exterior car wash sites to take a good look at our newly designed, ADA compliant, electronic ShurVend as a vending profit center. Located in or near the vacuum island area of the wash, these multi-product vendors can contribute significant amounts of cash flow for the operator while creating customer satisfaction.

Uncle Sam :):)