What's new

Why are there so many self-service washes for sale in and around DFW?

Andyjmyr

Attendant
Reaction score
Without posting which car washes are for sale, I'm seeing quite a few self service washes that are for sale in and around DFW. I'm in the market for more locations and this amazed me when I saw this.

I'm well aware tunnel washes are becoming the new normal around suburbs and inner city, but there will always be a need for self-service washes.

Any insight to why uptick into self-service sales?

Thanks,

-am

washnshine

Reaction score
I'm well aware tunnel washes are becoming the new normal around suburbs and inner city
Yes - that is the big reason. It is occurring everywhere.

but there will always be a need for self-service washes.
But not nearly as many with all the tunnels and especially if the self serve is poorly run or not optimized to be successful in its area.

Andyjmyr

Attendant
Reaction score
Most if not all the self service washes that are for sale still operate like its 2001.

No card readers and no vending. With cred carf readers being more advanced now with self serve, I think regardless of how crappy the wash, with a little paint and a lot of TLC, we could keep these alive in the DFW area

Rfreeman

Reaction score
I'm in DFW and I think so many are for sale because of the crazy prices newbies are paying for them. Hell my washes are for sale for the right price.

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
Most if not all the self service washes that are for sale still operate like its 2001.
I see it all the time. I have customers on a nearly daily basis that have done little to no updates to their sites in decades. They are now in a situation where they can no longer get the parts needed due to a variety of reasons(closed manufacturers, obsolescence by existing manufacturers, design changes, etc). They are facing a pretty big reinvestment in the business they have not planned for or saved for so they are choosing to get out. Then they are shocked when they have a potential buyer look into what the investment is going to be to bring the wash up to current operating standards and they offer far less than what the seller thought the wash was worth.

Zal

Reaction score
Human Nature - We all like to take the income but many will sell out instead of reinvesting. Sticker shock just like new vehicles.