What's new

Who's equipment do you recommend for Express Tunnel build

wash man 2000

Reaction score
I've been all over the place on who to use for our new build of an express tunnel, just got back from the Nashville show, and every company's equipment looks the same to me, and every representative tells you that theirs is the best and why...
Especially from operators of multiple locations, who do you use and would use for your next build, why?

Who would you avoid and why?

NCS and Sonny's seem to have the most comprehensive suite of equipment and service and offer the soup to nuts approach, but I'm open ears to anyone who has wisdom to share.

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
I have Sonny's, Macneil and Motor City in my tunnels. All are top level equipment providers, and all are completely capable of producing clean, shiny, dry cars.

That said, each has their unique pros and cons. And varying price points also.

Since it's your first wash, your distibutor is more critical than which brand of equipment you choose. Let that be your guide.

My 2 cents.

wash man 2000

Reaction score
Wow, that’s great to hear, it’s like I can’t go wrong!

im in Florida so Sonny’s seems like a natural choice, but NCS has distribution right here as well. Thank you for the input.

washnshine

Reaction score
I like Sonny’s equipment. They have multiple mitter and top brush choices. As far as I know, McNeil only offers a top brush. Sonny’s has a very simple gravity based wrap design with the option to install spider wraps. McNeil’s wrap system seems over -engineered and overly complex to me. Sonny’s also does a great job packing a lot of equipment into a small floor footprint. They have a mitter or top brush frame that accommodates two sets of wraps and also has tire brushes with small rocker panel brushes mounted on top of them, all in one cleaning module. They also have very good high pressure components, dryers and conveyors. This is just my opinion. I have never owned McNeil equipment, but do use Sonny’s.

JustaGuy

Reaction score
As long as you are dealing with one of the top tier equipment manufacturers, the deciding factor would be the local distributor. You might get better results if you start a new thread with your location asking about distributors in your area.

wash man 2000

Reaction score
As long as you are dealing with one of the top tier equipment manufacturers, the deciding factor would be the local distributor. You might get better results if you start a new thread with your location asking about distributors in your area.
I've looked them up and it appears that McNeil (NCS), and Sonny's have distribution right near me, while Motor City would be out of state.

At this point I'm going to let Sonny's and NCS work proposals and see where we end up as far as cost, equipment etc. I can update here if anyone cares to know how that goes.