What's new

Who says there isn’t Justice?

Randy

Reaction score
Saturday when we arrived at the car wash about half the trench grates were gone. I called the police they came out took a report and I figured that would be the end of it. A busy Saturday I had just enough spare grates to get 3 bays open. These steel grates have a scrap value of about $2.50 per section. At about 1:30 the police call me and told me they had caught the piece of crap that stole the grates. Here’s a link to the whole story.

http://yelm.komonews.com/news/crime/739425-wsp-stolen-scrap-metal-discovered-during-seatbelt-stop

It turns out that the thief is 22 years old and had just gotten out of prison out 6 months ago.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I say we take his hand and a foot (we'll let him choose which ones) cause he isn't going to learn.

gearhead

Reaction score
a hand and a foot?

I say take an arm and a leg then throw em in the river!;)

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Maybe that will restore your faith in the LPD! Although they did trip over it before they caught the guy! :D

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Saturday when we arrived at the car wash about half the trench grates were gone. I called the police they came out took a report and I figured that would be the end of it. A busy Saturday I had just enough spare grates to get 3 bays open. These steel grates have a scrap value of about $2.50 per section. At about 1:30 the police call me and told me they had caught the piece of crap that stole the grates. Here’s a link to the whole story.

http://yelm.komonews.com/news/crime/739425-wsp-stolen-scrap-metal-discovered-during-seatbelt-stop

It turns out that the thief is 22 years old and had just gotten out of prison out 6 months ago.
Enough of these people getting caught ... among other things ... should help prevent these incidents from getting out of hand.

It has been said many times that the best possible judicial system is needed for businesses to function properly ... which among other things translates into a better economy & jobs etc!

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
Georgia passed a law that I believe will help stop some of this. There has been a major problem with people stripping copper and other metals from abandoned homes and businesses. There has even been thefts of the metal flower pots on graves.

Scrap dealers have to pay for scrap with a check and issue a receipt with a description of the scrap they are buying signed by the person selling the scrap. The seller must be verified with a driver's license or legal photo ID. Scrap dealers fought hard to get this defeated but it was passed and signed into law recently.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
In WA, they do the ID and you don't get your check for a week. Its about time!!

Diana

Reaction score
Congrats Randy! Happy for you. Did you get them back or are your grates stored in evidence?

dogwasher

Reaction score
Any clown that removes a grate like that knowing that a person walking into it could get seriously hurt or killed should go to jail.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Any clown that removes a grate like that knowing that a person walking into it could get seriously hurt or killed should go to jail.
I agree ... would that be a "reckless endangerment" felony type of an offense?