What's new

Who makes their own hoses??

Bud

NE Ohio
Reaction score
I buy pre made hose but I get them a bit long because they usually wear at the gun. When that happens and the rest of the hose is OK I cut them and use a reusable fitting. Works well. I used to make all my hoses with reusable fittings. Too much work or maybe I am getting a bit lazy.

dogwasher

Reaction score
We just invested into a D165 from Custom Crimp, all hose and ends were purchased thru hydraulics direct.com... Building a new tunnel it has been well worth it. Would not go ever go back to the (reusable ends).
Thanks Chewy I really like the Hydraulic direct site. I see they have a "Tuff Cover" like Parker that is about $1.97 ft for 3/8" ...IB buys the Goodyear 3000 hose that fits on the
parker generic fittings I see the price of this K/R Goodyear hose is $1.15 ft ...Im not sure of the difference in quality...what do "all" you guys think?

MEP001

Reaction score
The Tuff Cover is rated completely different from the GoodYear Neptune and isn't much of a comparison.

What is your intended use for this hose?

dogwasher

Reaction score
The Tuff Cover is rated completely different from the GoodYear Neptune and isn't much of a comparison.

What is your intended use for this hose?
All hoses leading to and inside a D&S gantry. Basically all hoses at my 4SS 2 Auto car wash except the SS bay wand hosed that I purchase pre-built by K/R or others.

dogwasher

Reaction score
There's no reserve on it. Where do you see the part about the $700 foot pedal? There's not one in the picture. The hand pump is what is included. I bought an air powered foot pump for $350 from Universal Hose.

Mine looks like this one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-000-psi-.../140905018188?pt=BI_Pumps&hash=item20ce97f34c
No I was wrong it is a hand pump included in the ebay sale. We made our first few hoses today...it was great and will be well worth it in the long run!