What's new

Who is it using on demand water heater in pet wash?

A.Milton

Reaction score
I know I've read one of you owners is using an on demand hot water heater, I have a few questions

sparkey

Reaction score
I don't use an on demand water heater but I heard that on demand water heaters regulate the output flow to keep the correct temperature which can throw the chemical injection off. Do you have any of these type issues?

Dcalhoun

Reaction score
Sparkey, we haven't had that problem. But we did have to add a booster pump to keep adequate water supply for the real busy days when everything is going.

A.Milton

Reaction score
Thanks for the input...I did end up putting a tankless water heater in and then added booster pumper after that. I had to add the booster pump anyway...city water pressure a lot of days under 40 psi...it would of cost dog owners about 3-4 extra dollars by the time the hot water hit the sprayer and with so little pressure to rinse their dog would of been extra. I wasn't satisfied using my own equipment the way it was so I bit The extra costs and set it up so it works well...it is a good thing after the fact...if I had the dog and carwash hooked up on the same hot water heater I would have run out of water on a daily basis. The car wash this time of year was running out of hot water on its own. I had to go to cold water rinse at the carwash these past 3-4 weeks due to busy season. No customers have complained as long as the soap and wax are warm they seem satisfied. I have to say dogwash has been open for about 10 days it went viral on fb. I sent a friend of mine a single picture she put it on Facebook and it has been shared by 174 people to date. Facebook is an incredible tool. I am working on creating a Facebook page but have to get the second unit up and running. Hoping it is operating by this weekend.