What's new

Who has the best IBA?

jshepard

Reaction score
With all the different IBAs out there (T/Less & Fric), from an experienced operators prespective:

1) What are the qualities, and requirements for the best possible IBA touchless & friction from an experienced operators stand point?
2) Who has the best IBA (T/Less & Fric)?
3) What options are important?

I read different posts about everyones preference for their favorite IBA. There are always so many varibles (headaches / problems) , from the factory, to distributor, to chem company, to installation, to the customer. If the playing field was or could be level; Who Has The Best and Why!

Last edited:

JustClean

Reaction score
There is nothing like an "egg-laying woolmilkpig"! You can't have it all.
Some people prefer one setup others prefer another. Also depending on your customer base. My dream IBA would look like this:

Combined touchless and friction with hidden brushes that detects the type of car and automatically acts accordingly.

No rails but
wheel brushes,
robust,
all stainless steel up to the last nut.
Hardly any maintenance.
Idiotproof (that's a tough one ;).
Self cleaning (that's an even better one :D ,
5 years warranty with break-down replacement guarantee
factory less than 1/2 hour away
fast & economical
and of course cheap to buy and good quality.

I guess there is more to add...

jshepard

Reaction score
Wow

Now that is a wash! The only thing you forgot is the internal bill printer & paper to duplicate every bill ($5,10 or 20s) that the cashier takes in so that you can double your income and the kitchen sink.

On a serious note; Who & why are the best?
What options?
Best Value?

MikeV

Reaction score
That question is very subjective and you will get as many answers as there are iba's. They all have their good and bad points. In my opinion, the best way to find out is visit every one you can find, talk to the owners, and more importantly, talk to the guy that works on it, be it the owner, or the tech. Don't rely on a salesman for your info. Then decide which one is best for you, your customer base and your location.

MEP001

Reaction score
I frequent other forums, not car wash related, that don't even allow "what's best" questions for the very reason MikeV stated. Not only is one's opinion of "best" going to be different than another's, but it can only incite arguments. I'm glad no one's fallen into the trap so far.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
I agree. The best machine out there that is not installed properly and serviced on a regular basis will turn into a nightmare. The best IBA is the one that fits into your budget, is installed and serviced by a quality distributor, cleans well and meets all your needs for your wash. There are some out there. You just have to look in your area.

briteauto

Reaction score
There is a post somewhere on the forum where I was trying to compile a list of all the IBA manufacturers - both friction and tf. If you can find it, you will see there are probably 30 or so, and I am sure the list is not complete.

Once you find the post, visit every website, installation, manufacturing plant and talk to every distributor and owner that you can find, wash every vehicle you can in each type and let us all know what you bought. Chances are we will do (or have done) the same thing, regardless of any reccommendations that you come back with or that we received along the way! :)

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Smarter deal is go to Buyers Guide, those are our sponsors. If you can't find the best one there, there isn't any.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd try and narrow it down to 3 machines and go from there.