What's new

Who can rebuild a Cat CP2120W?

ScottV

Upstate NY
Reaction score
I have some Cat CP2120W self serve pumps that need to be rebuilt. We've done the seals and o-rings but these either started chattering, had leaks at the pump / crankcase joint, etc.

Does Cat have a rebuild program? I checked their website and wasnt able to find any information on that topic. Looked for a distributor within 100 miles of my zip code and there are none! LOL

Any information would be appreciated.

ScottV

MEP001

Reaction score
They're not difficult at all to rebuild. A leak between the manifold and the crankcase is fixed with a seal kit. Cat will repair them, but between what they'd charge and the shipping it would be ridiculously expensive.

Randy

Reaction score
I have some Cat CP2120W self serve pumps that need to be rebuilt. We've done the seals and o-rings but these either started chattering, had leaks at the pump / crankcase joint, etc.

Does Cat have a rebuild program? I checked their website and wasnt able to find any information on that topic. Looked for a distributor within 100 miles of my zip code and there are none! LOL

Any information would be appreciated.

ScottV

Scott,
These guys should be able to help you. http://idspumprepair.com/index.php or these guys http://www.dynajet.com/ I think the first thing I’d do is to make sure the pump head isn’t washed out. You never want to put seals in a washed out pump head, they only last a few days if that.

ICEMAN

Reaction score
I have sent quite a few pumps to IDS, and they have done many resleeve jobs for me. It is nice to have someone who can repair a pump completely no matter what the problem. I even had a cat 1540 throw a rod through the crankcase and they were able to weld it for me and do a total rebuild. Not many places could do that and do it at a good price. I have been in the carwash business for 30 years and have tried many repair places, it is nice to have a good one. Cat is way too slow and pricey, i don't believe cat really wants to fix pumps, they would rather sell you a new one.