What's new

Which Security camera system do you use?

Monte

Reaction score
I'm acquiring a 3 SS, 2 IBA wash in 3 weeks. I have Reolink systems in our other 2 washes. They aren't holding up, particularly in the IBA bays. Exterior..they have been fine. For the money, they aren't bad... I'm looking to upgrade and could really use everyone's advice and direction. Thanks

MEP001

Reaction score
One of the washes I look after has a Reolink NVR. Most of the cameras have stopped sending a signal because the connection at the camera has gotten wet, but the ones that do work have an amazing image. All of them can read plates easily. The system is fairly easy to set up and use.

Roz

Reaction score
Lorex

Avertx

both are fine but you need to be careful in the IBA given all the water flying (if a touch free). We wrap our connections with an extra Water tight wrap.

Monte

Reaction score
Yes....my IBAs are touch free; alot of water everywhere. I am losing video from water in the connection and water is getting into camera through the lens. I'm hearing Lorex. Reolink, you can setup a 4TB DVR, 16 ch, with 10 cameras for $1K ,if you install yourself. What have you guys invested for similar systems in Lorex?? Obviously, I'm willing to pay more for better quality. Thanks

Roz

Reaction score
Yes....my IBAs are touch free; alot of water everywhere. I am losing video from water in the connection and water is getting into camera through the lens. I'm hearing Lorex. Reolink, you can setup a 4TB DVR, 16 ch, with 10 cameras for $1K ,if you install yourself. What have you guys invested for similar systems in Lorex?? Obviously, I'm willing to pay more for better quality. Thanks
You can get a basic Lorex package at Costco. We purchased our 16 camera 4K system with extra large HD directly from Lorex website. They also offer discounts and specials via their website. Get 4k cameras because when you need to see the license plate you want to be able to zoom in and see a clear pic.

Toms PTcarwash

Reaction score
I have a 16 channel QSee 1080p system that works great. No problems in the touch free or even when people spray the SS directly on the cameras. A friend of mine has a 2k Lorex camera system but says mine has better resolution and zoom than his.
Unfortunately, QSee has gone out of business in 2020. I have spare cameras and a spare DVR, so hopefully I am good for a few more years.

New systems are getting pretty competitive with pricing, there are a lot of options out there today.

Etowah