What's new

Which Plastic wall panels?

jack954

Reaction score
extrutech, delpro, reline. all seem very similar, however i don’t have experience with any. any opinions out there?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Is this for a Tunnel or SS? I think flat FRP is better for SS since they wont dent or get holes. Also, FRP pebble finish deters graffiti scratchers. Those concerns do not apply to Tunnel applications.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I always had good luck with extrutech. I did some walls close to 15 Years ago and they still look pretty good.

Last edited:

Bob Koo

Reaction score
Also try EZ PVC
I installed EZ PVC for all the walls in my 5/2 in 2019. Definitely as good as Extretech or even better. When purchased all the panels came from Canada, so the good stuff, but picked locally at their facility near Tampa, FL I periodically clean it with SAW from Quest and it looks good as new after 2.5 years.

soapy

Reaction score
I have had good luck with Polymax panels from Farm tech. They are smooth and would be suseptible to scratchers if you live in an area where that is a thing.

Eric H

Reaction score
I have one location with Extrutech and another with Reline. Go with the Extrutech. The panels seem to be more resistant to damage and the Extrutech trim molding is far superior.

TSchmitz

Reaction score
We've uses Extrutech and Trusscore. Both great products, but Extrutech is more malleable. Could prevent shattering from being hit.

If using in self serve, Ive heard hallow core is a nightmare from people hitting it.

jack954

Reaction score
i do like the idea of the frp but all washes i see look beige dirty. i bought a wash last year with this issue (frp was about 15 years old) and i cleaned as best i could but results were not up to my standards. Has anybody been able to keep theirs looking good through the years with casual cleaning?

soonermajic

Reaction score
Mike Cherry, formerly Big Man WW rep, went w/ some FRP Co. Anyone know whom that was he went with? They had some real interesting IBA builds.

Hondo

Reaction score
I installed EZ PVC for all the walls in my 5/2 in 2019. Definitely as good as Extretech or even better. When purchased all the panels came from Canada, so the good stuff, but picked locally at their facility near Tampa, FL I periodically clean it with SAW from Quest and it looks good as new after 2.5 years.
Where near Tampa did you find EZ PVC Panels?

jaykay

Reaction score
We have been in s.s. car wash business for many years. We started with Kalite frp. Over time it yellowed/ browned, even with cleaning with a mild mix of hydrofluoric every year. Other than the yellowing issue, it was a great product, easy to install with minimal wrinkling, loaded with fiberglass. It may now be treated so it resists UV yellowing. Next we went to Extrutech in both s.s. bays and in-bay automatics. Extrutech is, in my opinion, very good in the in-bay automatic bays, but we had a lot of problems with holes being punched in the Extrutech in the s.s. bays. We removed the Extrutech from the s.s. bays about 10 years ago and replaced it with Kemlite frp { not Kalite }. Kemlite had a UV additive and coating, thus it stayed white and is white to this day. It was more flexible than Kalite, thus more difficult for us to install with fewer wrinkles than Kalite. I don't know if these products are still available. or have changed in any way. This has been our wall covering experience.

Etowah