What's new

Which model vacuum motor has the best performance

chaz

Reaction score
I gotta say... New seals make a huge difference no matter the motor. Today I changed just the lower seal on 1/2 my vacs (more seals on order) huge, I mean huge improvement in suction, and I've always had great vacs.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Regarding seals, after looking at the ones on my Fragramatics, does anyone here use foam/rubber weather stripping for seals? Seems like it would be a cheaper alternative that you could just run down to your local hardware store to source.

chaz

Reaction score
I've always used the full rubber seals from kleenwrite for under $5 each. I figure there's a reason for the large seal instead of the weatherstrip, perhaps it's the larger sticky area to adhere to the door. It's not like these need replacing that often that I need look at a way to save $4. The better your vacs suck, the more $ you'll make.

But if you try the weatherstrip please report back in a few months.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Regarding seals, after looking at the ones on my Fragramatics, does anyone here use foam/rubber weather stripping for seals? Seems like it would be a cheaper alternative that you could just run down to your local hardware store to source.
Been using the stuff for years. Works great. A seal is a seal.

MEP001

Reaction score
I've been cutting the full door gasket into strips - even cheaper than weatherstripping and sticks better. Since the rubber cleanout tubs need to seal against the door to keep dirt out from under them I cut the gasket in half first and cover the top half of the bottom door.

It's also a lot easier to clean off a strip of gasket to replace it than to clean it off the entire door (Which you have to do very thoroughly or the suction can get behind the gasket and pull it off).