What's new

Which is best paint for walls of wash

sparkey

Reaction score
I am looking for a good paint for the exterior and in the bays of my wash. My walls are concrete block which are currently painted and no paint is currently flaking off. It just needs a new coat to make it look shiney again. I also need to paint the metal ceiling in each bay (barn siding). I am looking for paint, not FRP or anything else. This paint is going above the FRP which extends 8' up each wall.

Reds

Reaction score
Sherwin Williams makes a paint that is specifically for block walls. I have had good luck with it. I believe it is called Sherlastic.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I recently use a "Concrete stain" from Home Depot for my Tunnel and SS exteriors. You might want to check it out.

ajdingo

Reaction score
I read about cool wall it must be good, I'm looking for that product were i am at(GUAM).
it will be easy to clean the soap scum and mildew.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I used Dry-Lok in one of my bays. I was pleased with the results, but it holds a lot of dirt because it is a matte finish...I thought about putting an additional coating on it to gloss it up, but I was concerned about adhesion and it flaking off after a while.

The Dry-Lok adhered well, that hasn't been a concern at all.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Sherwin Williams makes a paint that is specifically for block walls. I have had good luck with it. I believe it is called Sherlastic.
Sherwin Williams bought out Columbia where had been getting their 2 part water based epoxy. It worked better than any other but we only used it above our 8 foot high FRP. Over 10 years ago by the way so I am not sure what the status of the paint is now.

MJ