What's new

Which concentrates are better

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
I’ve switched to JBS Fonic soap from orange cream.
My customers commented the first day we put it in. They liked the foam much better and said it cleaned better too.
Best part is my strainer isn’t getting gummed up anymore.

copperglobe

Reaction score
I’ve switched to JBS Fonic soap from orange cream.
My customers commented the first day we put it in. They liked the foam much better and said it cleaned better too.
Best part is my strainer isn’t getting gummed up anymore.
Do you mix the JBS like the KR? IE: two gallons water per bucket and same hydrominder tip? Just wondering about ratios...

Randy

Reaction score
I had nothing but problems with the KR Ultra Concentrates. Separating, jelling etc. All of the KR Ultra Concentrates are made by Simoniz and are made from the same base, just different scents and colors, but it’s pretty much all the same. I switched to JBS Fonic wash after I got fed up with the problems I was having with the KR Ultra Concentrates. I mix each 5 gallon pail with 10 gallons of water. I use it for both the High pressure and foam brush. I don’t recall what color tip I use, I set it and forget it.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
FWIW I solved the KR Jelling issue by going to a different product. No more orange cream or purple passion. I use Cherry Blossom for FB, Low PH for HP and Pre Soak. Just Peachy for wax. Forgot the name - But the Green Wheel /engine / Tire. Have not tried JBS. I don't pre mix. Use the Hydrominder ultra lean tips. I don't recall if they are all at 320 to 1 or if some are smaller. I have to check.

mac

Reaction score
Any time I see where people have to manually mix a product with water and then put it online, red flags go up. For crying out loud, that is the way operators did this 40 years ago. Don't ask me how I know that. Just seems dumb to me. When you mix something on site there basically is no quality control.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Any time I see where people have to manually mix a product with water and then put it online, red flags go up..
For some of us it's [playing the hand you are dealt. I have found that locations with a "Break Tank" or good street water pressure no pre mixing is needed. For an older location with fluctuating water pressure it was much easier to pre mix than pay for costly upgrades. It i s easy to control, quality when you deal with 5 Gallon buckets. 1 Bucket of concentrate - 2 of water. If you end up with 14 gallons instead of 15, yes that is a 7% difference but in the whole scheme of things it's nominal since that gets diluted 100 to one or better, so your quality is of by 7/100s of a percent.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
With JBS you can do it either way, mixing a 5 gal. Fonic with 10 gals. water and increase tip size to what you like or you can draw directly from the 5 gals.
I draw directly from the 5 gal. with their wax, presoak, tire clean and triple foam.
I’ve done it both ways with the Fonic and they both work great.
I just like to walk into the equipment room and seeing a 30 gal. filled up.
Old habits are hard to change, lol.

soonermajic

Reaction score
How bout JBS Power Concentrates for 3x foam? ie: Glow Foam power concentrate. Anyone use that, & if so, what's your thoughts?

I am thinking about putting in an LED Blue Light, to see if it will give a true "Glow " effect...

water guy

Reaction score
Does these concentrates work different with different types of equipment?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Does these concentrates work different with different types of equipment?
Meaning IBA vs Foam Brush vs HP soap, or Dosatron vs Hydrominders, or flo jets and variable speed pumps. need more info.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Any thoughts on JBS Glow Foam? They claim to be the most popular 3x foam of all time?

Sharpshine

Reaction score
With JBS you can do it either way, mixing a 5 gal. Fonic with 10 gals. water and increase tip size to what you like or you can draw directly from the 5 gals.
I draw directly from the 5 gal. with their wax, presoak, tire clean and triple foam.
I’ve done it both ways with the Fonic and they both work great.
I just like to walk into the equipment room and seeing a 30 gal. filled up.
Old habits are hard to change, lol.
What size tip are you using for the Fonic as your hp soap?

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Any time I see where people have to manually mix a product with water and then put it online, red flags go up. For crying out loud, that is the way operators did this 40 years ago. Don't ask me how I know that. Just seems dumb to me. When you mix something on site there basically is no quality control.

I 300% agree with you Mac I cringe reading this also & I like all yall lol. Good quality chemicals you will not have to do this ever. I swear I am the only person that discriminates against kleen rite soaps and JBS y'all probably think I am crazy.

OurTown

Reaction score
We use only JBS products and have nothing (including Fonic) that needs premixing.

soonermajic

Reaction score
I 300% agree with you Mac I cringe reading this also & I like all yall lol. Good quality chemicals you will not have to do this ever. I swear I am the only person that discriminates against kleen rite soaps and JBS y'all probably think I am crazy.
I don't think, I KNOW, you're ceazy. But, when you're a billion dollar operator, you don't have to save money! 🤔🤣

Randy

Reaction score
We don’t have any problem mixing the Fonic wash PC-100 if you know how to follow simple directions and have a basic understanding of how to mix chemicals. You know there are 2 different Fonic wash products, DT-100 which is ready to use and PC-100 is a more concentrated product which you’re supposed to add 10 gallons of water to each 5 gallon pail. It only takes me less than 10 mintues to mix up a batch of soap, about once a month.