What's new

Which coin acceptor ???

Robert2181

Reaction score
I just used my last backup Sensortron coin acceptor. I do remember reading on here about problems others have had with different & new versions.(couldn't find the post). I am looking for info and results with what others are using. The Ginsan has work good for a long time.

Any input about success and pricing would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

MEP001

Reaction score
I haven't seen any problems with Sensortrons. I've also had good performance from Parker's P-47 (Old style Slugbuster) and the PEM-35 (Slugbuster II). Both are cheaper than a Sensortron.

Reaction score
You can just buy replacement inserts for a little less than complete acceptors. I would say Slugbusters and Sensortrons are about even in the reliability dept. but as MEP said, Slugbusters are cheaper.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
So what is it doing? I use sensortrons and have had some reject coins right out of the box. Some start rejecting weeks or months later. I've never been successful at adjusting the dial. If that's what yours is doing, I found a cure....I take needle nose pliers and bend out the reject arm about 1/16" or less. I found that the timing of the reject arm gets off just the tiniest bit causing rejects....Once set just right, I haven't had trouble since...

I had some really old ones that were 20+ years old before they crapped out...Mainly the steel in the housing rusted up and caused the coins to not drop correctly...Maybe 1 or 2 that quit working all together.

Etowah

Robert2181

Reaction score
This one stop recognizing coins. I too have some that are 20+ years old. I will probably order in just the inserts. As I only take quarters and cc.
I thought I see a post about problems with new versions.(wasn't sure)

Thanks for all the info.