What's new

Which automatic?

mac

Reaction score
There seems to be a recurring theme of which machine to buy. I want to recommend a feature rather than a brand. Whatever you decide on, get one with remote access. That feature allows you to do most anything to your automatic from your smart phone. I have had my extended height Istobal for about 6 months now, and that feature is not only cool, but it saves time, money, and customers. I was recently at an establishment that serves adult beverages and got a call from a customer that put in money and something happened that caused the machine to stop. No problem I said. Just asked him to back out and I reset the machine and upgraded him to my ultimate wash. The guy was blown away. Finished my libations knowing I had helped create a loyal customer. Have done similar things many times.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I agree Mac. I sold my washes last week to a young and very techy forum member Dakota Hoskins. I see lots of improvements like this in their future.

STXCW

Reaction score
Spot on. We also use emails to see whether a wash is having issues that need to be addressed. If we see a wash has sent repetitive emails for the same issue we will shut down wash remotely until someone can swing by and take a look. We would rather sacrifice a few washes than have unhappy customers.

A happy customer might tell one other person about his/her experience. An unhappy person will tell everyone on social media

Rainway

Reaction score
I’d LOVE to access my machines online. I’ve tried about 3 or 4 times to get my red lion G303’s (controls for Coleman Hanna WW 2.0’s) online without much luck. They have Ethernet ports but I haven’t been able to get them to be recognized on the network although I’m following what another operator tells me he did successfully. no avail. Coleman Hanna is good to help when you have something mission critical, but tech support requests for bells and whistles stuff (like getting red lions onto the Internet) I just get crickets even when following up multiple times requesting help.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I’d LOVE to access my machines online. I’ve tried about 3 or 4 times to get my red lion G303’s (controls for Coleman Hanna WW 2.0’s) online without much luck. They have Ethernet ports but I haven’t been able to get them to be recognized on the network although I’m following what another operator tells me he did successfully. no avail. Coleman Hanna is good to help when you have something mission critical, but tech support requests for bells and whistles stuff (like getting red lions onto the Internet) I just get crickets even when following up multiple times requesting help.

I haven't done it yet, but you could use a PLC with remote access or something like several smart outlets. I connected two samsung smart outlets to give me the ability to reboot my wash selects. You could hook something up to your cycle and reset buttons, and use a wyze cam to view the red lion screen for maybe $200.

mac

Reaction score
Bite the bullet and hire an ITguy. they can configure it in about 15 min.

Rainway

Reaction score
Bite the bullet and hire an ITguy. they can configure it in about 15 min.
Thanks for the advice. I had tried that - he's still working on back and forth emails with Red Lion tech (who may know Red Lion controls but isn't very computer savvy he said).