What's new

Where can I find fuses for fragramatic vacuums

Excel

Reaction score
I looked on the Fragramtic web site and it does not list the fuse that I need. I was also hoping to get it some where closer since the vacuum is not operating. I believe that I need the fuse for the timer which is listed as a 2 amp 24 volt fuse, I have looked at Home Depot and Lowes but they don't carry it. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Randy

Reaction score
What are the numbers on the fuse? I needed a fuse one day for a Bill Changer, I looked everywhere and my wife said lets go over to RadioShack. Sure enough they had some. Give RadioShack a try.

lag

Reaction score
What are the numbers on the fuse? I needed a fuse one day for a Bill Changer, I looked everywhere and my wife said lets go over to RadioShack. Sure enough they had some. Give RadioShack a try.
Aggree..Radioshack is the first place to look,as far as a local store

soapy

Reaction score
I get my fuses at a national chain distributor called Johnstone supply. They carry a lot of heating and AC stuff and have always had the fuses I need.

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
I also get mine at the auto part store. I don't think the voltage rating is always a direct match to what I am replacing, but it is the current, not the voltage that blows a fuse. Should I be more careful and replace only with a like voltage fuse?

MEP001

Reaction score
I don't know how important that voltage is, but for the small ones I just use auto parts store fuses of the same rating.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
voltage factor

I don't know how important that voltage is, but for the small ones I just use auto parts store fuses of the same rating.
Mep & Ghetto Wash,

This info might not apply here if it is on the 24 volt side of a transformer (<30 automotive OK). To share what I was informed by a very good electronic engineer source that if it is on a higher voltage or for testing such as on a ceramic 600 volt rating --- look out --- because of potential arcing if I remember right --- even if the amps are extremely low. The old "little bit of knowledge possibly dangerous situation"???

I had an awful time recently trying to find a 1 inch instead of 1-1/4" 10 amp ceramic 600 volt for a multimeter --- it appears that only the manufacturer Omega has it --- it would be nice to find another source. The less standard 1 inch seems to be the biggest hurdle.

MJ

WikiWash

Reaction score
I also get mine at the auto part store. I don't think the voltage rating is always a direct match to what I am replacing, but it is the current, not the voltage that blows a fuse. Should I be more careful and replace only with a like voltage fuse?
According to Ohm's Law it matters, I hope this helps.
Ohm's Law (V=IR) deals with the relationship between voltage and current in an ideal conductor. This relationship states that the potential difference (voltage) across an ideal conductor is proportional to the current through it.