What's new

where are all the aussies

puddles carwash

Reaction score
thought i would start a thread in here and get the ball rolling.
i hope that many aussie wash operators have used this site as it is the only place to come for any thing carwash related .

i this site has bailed me out plenty of time over the last 6 years so ty to the members and great to see an aussie section .

so aussie carwash operators drop a line lets us know who is on here and where your wash is.
as you never know when you might need a hand from some one close to you !!!

cheers dean

buda

Reaction score
thought i would start a thread in here and get the ball rolling.
i hope that many aussie wash operators have used this site as it is the only place to come for any thing carwash related .

i this site has bailed me out plenty of time over the last 6 years so ty to the members and great to see an aussie section .

so aussie carwash operators drop a line lets us know who is on here and where your wash is.
as you never know when you might need a hand from some one close to you !!!

cheers dean
There is a good detailing website from Australia you might want to visit. It is called "Detailers Paradise."

Regards

Polishmaster

Reaction score
Well I'm not a wash operator, I don't like them and certainly won't wash my garage queen in one of those with their alkaline or acidic soaps and they use more water than I do at the shop.
I own a 1000 sq metre detail shop and do all the work.

I spend my time on autopia mostly, don't get along with most detail paradise guys, they can be very closed minded

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Polishmaster

I think it's a mistake to discredit professional car washes. I've been detailing since 1985. Until 2 years ago, I did all the washing by hand in my detail shop.

My new car wash, featuring 2 ss bays and 1 IBA has been a godsend. I think of the car wash as a tool to aid my detail operation. Remember that all forms of vehicle washing have their pluses and minuses. This includes hand washing.

I understand a certain clientele at your detail shop may request hand washing over any form of pro car wash, but in my business the customers care about results and trust that an established business with a good track record and large market presence is going to get the job done right.

buda

Reaction score
Carwashes

Polishmaster:

Certainly everyone is entitled to their opinion, but for the record automatic car washes use mild pH chemicals, not high pH or acidic chemicals.

And, they recycle their water, plus unlike your operation they are connected to the sanitary sewer where the water is treated before entering the rivers and streams.

Most detail shops do not have recycle systems and the water from a detail shop goes directly into the storm drain which goes directly into the rivers and streams, untreated.

Finally, a test done by the Technological University of Munich for Mercedes Benz compared hand washing of a vehicle with automatic washing.

Test vehicles were washed 26 times in real life situations and then when the washings were completed the testing technicians took microscopic photos of the finish of the paint.

What was determined was that there was far more damaged inflicted on the paint of the hand washed cars vs those washed in a professional automatic wash.

If you are interested in reading the results of the test please let me know and I will forward you a summary of the test results.

Regards
Bud Abraham
CUZZIN'S CAR WASH

bigleo48

Reaction score
Bud,

I'd be interested in reading those results. You can email me or send a PM.

Thanks in advance!

Big Leo