What's new

Where are airlift Doors Zerk Fittings?

cityview

Reaction score
My airlift door is hanging up. Its only 2 years old. I know they are common in car wash auto bays.

IT squeals like a piggy, but works 9/10 times. Thought It may be a lubrication issue. I read the manual and it says to lubricate all the zerk fittings quarterly. Great. I looked all over the motor and see none, and don't see any others.

I googled to motor model and I can find no exact info about the model (its a leeson), but I see no lube points on the motor and the closest match I can find is a sealed model with non-serviceable bearings.

Where the heck do you lubricate airlift doors? The manual doesn't state, it just says to "lubricate all zerk fittings" (of which I see none), and the motor doesn't appear to have any unless I'm blind as a bat (been known to happen)

Thanks much!

BBE

Reaction score
Squeal could be the motor. They don't last long, I've went through probably 5 of them in a few years. Do yourself a favor and look at a clearview door from gallop next time around instead of airlift. I'm much much happier with my two gallop doors than my 4 airlift doors.

cityview

Reaction score
Squeal could be the motor. They don't last long, I've went through probably 5 of them in a few years. Do yourself a favor and look at a clearview door from gallop next time around instead of airlift. I'm much much happier with my two gallop doors than my 4 airlift doors.
Thats what it looks like it is... Costs almost a grand to replace them to. If I have to do this every 2 years on all 4 doors, I'm going to be over it pretty quickly... haha.

I'm going to be moving some more carwashes as soon as the economy shifts a bit downward, so I'll keep gallop in mind as I build them out.