What's new

When to start RFID/Unlimited programs.

carnut2

Express Exterior
Reaction score
We are ready to institute our unlimited wash programs, but was wondering is there a better time of year than another? Now, when we are going into our busy season, or spring to jump start the slower seasons?

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
No time like the present is what I always say. I usually see an increase in the number of wash plans I sell during the winter months.

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
I would try to do it when the weather is nice so you don’t’ become depressed because unlimited will probably drop average sales by about $2.00.

Next, I’d be prepared for the competition to retaliate by offering a $3.00 base price or just as easily offering unlimited program of its own thereby offsetting advantage.

Several years ago, Verizon and several other carriers dumped unlimited data plans in an effort to make data “caps” a standard practice.

Verizon CEO Lowell Mc Adam says, “If you allow unlimited usage, you just run out of gas.”

What caused death of unlimited data; mobile users who clogged up Verizon’s spectrum with high-definition videos.

Carwash certainly isn’t like mobile data business, but unlimited is unlimited.

When you take a product like express wash and sell it without limit, it becomes further commoditized.

Commoditization occurs when product or service market loses differentiation across its supply base often by the diffusion of intellectual capital necessary to acquire or produce it efficiently.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
If you are in the Snow / Salt belt, I would do it ASAP to work out any kinks. Nothing sells the need for washing like salty dirty cars. Get people in the habit when they really need it as opposed to when the need is less frequent.

DixieCarWash

Reaction score
A new wash in town began his RFID system before grand opening day. Got to test drive that overhead scanner a week before we opened. Was fun. The only thing I can think of that would be a significant draw back to beginning an RFID plan after opening is having to screw around with the ICS. Not too complicated but can be a PITA. I'd say either do it on a holiday stay late. At the wash I worked at took about 3 days to get that thing fully broken in. Of course different strokes for different folks.

Etowah