What's new

When I turn on a bay, the other bays start weeping water. Why?

Sequoia

AKA Duane H- 3 bay SS
Reaction score
I've noticed lately that when I turn on Bay 2, both Bay 1 and Bay 3 start "weeping" water just like they do in the winter.

When the customer using Bay 2 switches functions, the small stream in Bay 1/3 "cough" a little. So they are somehow related.

Any ideas?

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Weep check valve on bay 2 is most likely the culprit. Unhook the bay 2 line from the weep manifold and push in the pump contactor. If water comes out the unhooked line, the CV is bad.

Sequoia

AKA Duane H- 3 bay SS
Reaction score
Thanks I will check that! Much appreciated!

docopp

Reaction score
I agree, it's bay 2 check valve
You can usually just open it and clean it and reassemble it (maybe even stretch out the spring in it a little)
it takes just a little something to get caught there and keep it from sealing :)

Roz

Reaction score
Any other things to check? I have the same issue on new SS equipment. My weep system has a water shutoff value to the weep system as well as to each bay. The valves are off yet a bay seems to weep. Thanks.

docopp

Reaction score
Honestly, I bought an old, poorly maintained SS and I have replaced or rebuilt everything, this has happened many times to me and it’s always the backflow preventers. I guess the weeping is from this not your weep system for freezing :)

MEP001

Reaction score
Any other things to check? I have the same issue on new SS equipment. My weep system has a water shutoff value to the weep system as well as to each bay. The valves are off yet a bay seems to weep. Thanks.
Your issue is most likely the cold water rinse solenoid for that bay not closing.