What's new

When I tell a person I am a detailer, the most common reply I get, is ________________________

Debra Gorgos

Reaction score
Fill in the Blank: When I tell a person I am a detailer, the most common reply I get, is ________________________

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mostly that comment gets blank looks from people. People in the car wash business feel bad for you because most of them know the challenges of running a detail shop ( employee issues of reliability and accountability, customer issues of expectations not matching reality and the push back about price and time to complete the work, etc., seasonality of business, maintaining high standards, increasing price to exceed cost increases of materials, labor and energy, managing growth and staying profitable).

Many people still think detailing is pin-striping.

I just tell people I run a car wash. And we also sell used cars and detail cars. To that they reply: 'Oh, cool'. When I tell them I rent apartments, they say " oh, I'd never want to do that; I've heard so many nightmare stories!". But that's a foolish idea if you have a car wash and apartments, because the apartments are so much easier.

soapy

Reaction score
They want a full buff and polish with a show quality shine but don't want to pay you for your time.