What's new

When crypto swiper goes down

cherokee235

Reaction score
Still considering credit cards and asking questions. What do you do when a swiper goes down? You send it for repair? new one? Do you keep spares?? I know they are in a harsh environment and will get wet, perfect for electronics to fail.:(

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
8 Swipers, 4 years. Think I have had to send 2 in. One we broke the wire at the base by accident. We do not keep spares.

cmawash

Reaction score
8 Swipers, 4 years. Think I have had to send 2 in. One we broke the wire at the base by accident. We do not keep spares.
card reader is very robust, card slider is rock solid. we check site status to verify operation, we have had a few failures and vandalism with a screw driver , removed defective unit and contact crypto and authorize new reader. led display rainbow is a weak area as some led burn out and we think rainbow display when it is fully operational is a great sale ideal

we have had to replace two crypto recievers, one thru a massive electrical shut and one unit removed thru thief. Crypto pay was very fast and provided new replacement units in very short time. we have close to 90 crypto unit in service and are very happy with this company

slash007

Reaction score
I've had to send back 3-4 for repair. Repairs can take up to 2 weeks. Don't keep a spare. If a bay goes down, I take one off of a vac to use until I get it back since the bay is more important. Biggest issue I've had is the LED lights quit working, or at least some of them.

mjc3333

Reaction score
I have 22 swipers in 3 car washes for the past 4 years. I've had to send back 10 different swipers the first 2 years, some covered under the warranty, some not. They did give me a discount on the non warranty swipers, but still had to come up with $1250 to cover 5 non usable swipers. All the swipers had water issues. I used plenty of silicone when they were installed. The only place for moisture or water would be around the mag head itself. I also have numerous swipers that have 'burned' out LEDs, even around the stop button, but still function properly. Even though I had what I would consider more issues than I would expect, the overall value of using their system out weighs the issues. I may have had some early bad batches not sure.

cherokee235

Reaction score
I've had to send back 3-4 for repair. Repairs can take up to 2 weeks. Don't keep a spare. If a bay goes down, I take one off of a vac to use until I get it back since the bay is more important. Biggest issue I've had is the LED lights quit working, or at least some of them.
Are the LED lights important? Do they work without?

cherokee235

Reaction score
I have 22 swipers in 3 car washes for the past 4 years. I've had to send back 10 different swipers the first 2 years, some covered under the warranty, some not. All the swipers had water issues. I used plenty of silicone when they were installed. The only place for moisture or water would be around the mag head itself.
Where did you silicone seal them? There are only 3 holes to drill.