What's new

Wheels for Touchfree Auto

bigjws

Reaction score
I'm looking for a place to get a couple of idler/drag wheels like the one below. It's for a Futura/Specialty Auto (who of course has been out of business for a while), and am hoping maybe these wheels are kinda of standard for some autos? The inside part of the wheel is the part I need .. it's 5.5" diameter and 1.75" thick, with a 2.5" cutout in the middle. It also needs a divider in the cutout (you put 2 bearings in the wheel that are kept apart be the divider). Anyone with one of the other types of automatics know if this might be the same setup as yours? If not, does anyone know who might be able to fabricate this type of wheel? Thanks!

IMG_1262.JPG IMG_1263.JPG IMG_1260.JPG IMG_1261.JPG IMG_1259.JPG

OurTown

Reaction score
Tri Valley Equipment can probably help as they sold a ton of those machines and still has some of the parts made.
800-323-8915

Kramerwv

Reaction score
Agree - ask for Jim at Tri-Valley. Bigjws, you running revolutions?

soapy

Reaction score
A local machine shop here has made me door bearings out of similar material. If you take it to your local machine shop I am sure they could make one.

bigjws

Reaction score
Yeah, Tri-Valley was going to be my first call if there wasn't a readily available 'standard' one from Kleen-rite or somewhere. And yes, Kramerwv, I've got a Futura Revolution and an Impulse in operation.

Etowah

Kramerwv

Reaction score
Good to know, not sure how many are still out there. Mine still going strong

FuturaFan

Reaction score
Good to know, not sure how many are still out there. Mine still going strong
Decent amount of Futura systems out there. At least in MN... not sure about the rest of the states, but i have a WIP map of all the in-bay automatic washes, most of MN is completed and I will be moving onto other states soon.. if youre interested in it i can send you the link

FuturaFan

Reaction score
Yeah, Tri-Valley was going to be my first call if there wasn't a readily available 'standard' one from Kleen-rite or somewhere. And yes, Kramerwv, I've got a Futura Revolution and an Impulse in operation.
May I ask where?