What's new

What's your favorite replacement vacuum timer?

waright

Reaction score
Which timer do you feel is the most durable at a reasonable price?

I am only interested the 120 volt, accumulating timer, grace time is not needed, and it should not require any additional relays, transformers, etc.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Paraplate.

Out of 30+ vacs that do not need fancier timers (Displays for combo vacs) 26 are paraplates. . The others are different because they came that way.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I've liked the Paraplates until they replaced the 24120 with the 24200. They changed the way the wires are secured and often there is not enough room to slide another wire in the hole, especially if you are using #10 wire.

MEP001

Reaction score
I like the IDX AT411-E - it can run 24V or 120V, it can switch a different voltage from the operating voltage, and the wiring is easy to understand.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I've liked the Paraplates until they replaced the 24120 with the 24200. They changed the way the wires are secured and often there is not enough room to slide another wire in the hole, especially if you are using #10 wire.
Very true. Have had to make a pigtail or two.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
We also used to like the Paraplate until they came out with the new version. The reason wasn't the wire connections, it was because there is NO way to disable the grace time feature. The fact that the company's customer service could care less about your concerns doesn't help either.

We have started using Infitec timers. Cheaper and just as reliable.

Fatboy769

Living the American Dream
Reaction score
We also used to like the Paraplate until they came out with the new version. The reason wasn't the wire connections, it was because there is NO way to disable the grace time feature. The fact that the company's customer service could care less about your concerns doesn't help either.

We have started using Infitec timers. Cheaper and just as reliable.
GoBuckeyes, who exactly did you talk to in customer service that could care less about your concerns?

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
Fatboy,

I couldn't tell you the name of the guy I talked to, it has been over a year or so. I believe I posted a thread about it, you'll have to do a search. All I can remember is that there aren't alot of people there and he had something to do with all carwash products.

I had called them to find out how to disable the grace time feature and to ask about the wiring of the timer. I was told the grace time cannot be disabled. As for the wiring, I had wasted alot of hours trying to troublshoot the new timers only to find out that they were not internally jumpered like the schematic indicated. When I brought that to his attention, I basically got a 'too bad' and our conversation went downhill from there.

From that point, I vowed not to buy another US Paraplate product. We had also been standardized on their weep trigger guns which we have used for over 15 years. I had always been happy with that product until about the same time. It seemed like we had a bunch of guns that failed right out of the box. We've since started switching to Sutner guns which are less expensive and have been problem free.

Etowah