What's new

What's Your Fave Glass Cleaner?

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What is your favorite glass cleaner and why?

I have mainly used liquid I mix myself but have had nice results with afoamy aerosol products; one by Safelite the other Stoner.

washboy

work in progress
Reaction score
when I was in the detail buss I loved stoner and kept a can for my self because it looked good with little effort but I would go to the Dollar store once a month and buy a few cases of areosol there for the guys. Cheap and did the trick for some reason the areosols seemed to work better. Just tried the predator that came with my vendor and was impressed.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I used Stoner this past weekend while doing a few interiors and loved it. That stuff cleans up glass like nothing I have ever used before.

soapy

Reaction score
We use sprayway. Also heard stoner is good. Remember not to use anything with ammonia since it will destroy window tint film.

DavidM

Reaction score
I don't think I have found anything that works as well as Invisible Glass. However, I think the Meguiars Glass cleaner in their Detailer line is a close second. We use the Meguiar's because it is significantly less expensive (about $1/ gallon compared to $10/gallon for Invisible glass). Because we are a full service wash as well as detail shop we go through alot of glass cleaner and the costs are too high to use aerosols or products that can not be purchased in concentrated form.

David

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There's something about the aerosol that seems to make it work better.

Why is that? Maybe I'm mixing my concentrate too weak???

DavidM

Reaction score
There does seem to be something about the aerosols that allow them to work better. We actually purchased aerosol cans by the pallet for a while at our full serve. That was very expensive so we experimented with concentrates until we found a system that works for us.
Most of you probably know this but maybe it will save someone some time.

- be careful mixing the concentrate - too strong will streak and too weak won't work as well

- we use damp microfiber towels - (if the windows are really bad, be sure to use two towels, one for the initial cleaning then a clean one for buffing it to perfection)

- Always frame and fill and clean both directions finishing with the horizontal

- Be sure to apply a mist of window cleaner to the entire window (not just the center and expect to move it around with the towel) don't over wet the window

- Check your work

David

washboy

work in progress
Reaction score
I think the aerosols work well because of the mechanical aspect of the foam as it hits the glass. Cuts down on time. When I started I used balled up news papers with watered down windex. Loved the stoner with a huck in the end but like I said I paid for the stuff and would just use it myself.

soapy

Reaction score
I just bought some Sprayway at Sam's club for $1.89 per can. Don't know how that compares to other aerosols.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Soapy

That price looks good.

I also noticed that Sonny's has their own brand in the catalog at a decent price; like $1.66/can case price I think if I remember correctly.

The aerosol is definitely quicker and produces great results w/less effort. Windows are tough as it is and anything to make it easier and with better results is a huge benefit for my shop & employees & customers!

Sometimes I spray the glass and sometimes the rag because I find the spray pattern to be pretty big and don't want it all over dressed vinyl, waxed paint or other glass that is finished.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
IMO you always need to weight the cost of the product against the labor cost. That is why we pay a bundle for nail guns and nails, it saves a boat load of time.