What's new

Whats Up with Wash World ?

sprocket

Reaction score
I recently purchased a new Razor from Clear Advantage Car Washes in Columbus Ohio and I don't get it . I have had 1 mark 7 auto,I currently have 2 Hydrospray Autos,2D&S Super 5000 autos and 1 Oasis [just replaced 1 Oasis] and the service I have recieved from the distributor and Wash World is incredible to say the least. I have never had a distributor or a manufacturer deliver on a product and service in the 21 years I have been in the car wash business. There have been a few minor issues with the equipment but nothing like I have seen with some other manufacturers but they have both been super on delivering on service after the sale. I have to replace another one of my units soon and I'm sure it will be a Wash World .Anybody looking to by a new automatic I can recommend them as a manufacturer and Ron Anderson as a distributor. They have both renewed my faith in car wash distributors and manufacturer.
Thank Both of You Very Much
Scott Ford

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
At the risk of sounding like Bill, be sure to write a review for the Forum under Customer Reviews.

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
My experience with WashWorld has been the same. It's going on 5 years now since I installed their equipment. The distributor I used is top notch also (Woltco) however they now rep PDQ equipment.

JIMT

Reaction score
I went to their site to look at there equipment. It looks like a Broadway car wash with some nice looking trim. We have 3 Broadway machine.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
Washworld's main business is touchfree and they build their own touchfree units. I think they have their friction units manufactured for them. They might use Broadway for them but I do not know for sure.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
John,
Wash world has Shaun Anderson of Thunder Bay Services listed as a dist out of Grand Rapids. He is part of the family who used to own Gin San (who used to be the PDQ dist). Woltco is now Macneil and PDQ. Macneil and PDQ used to be serviced by Wash equipment Technologies who is a PDQ dist out of Jersey and contracted by GinSan for service and parts. Shaun went to work for WET when they took over the service work from GinSan for Macneil and PDQ.

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
John,
Wash world has Shaun Anderson of Thunder Bay Services listed as a dist out of Grand Rapids. He is part of the family who used to own Gin San (who used to be the PDQ dist). Woltco is now Macneil and PDQ. Macneil and PDQ used to be serviced by Wash equipment Technologies who is a PDQ dist out of Jersey and contracted by GinSan for service and parts. Shaun went to work for WET when they took over the service work from GinSan for Macneil and PDQ.
Kind of a soap opera around here isn't it;) I actually don't know who the MI WashWorld distributor is. Between their former distributor (Woltco) and WashWorld factory support my needs are met.

WashWorld's friction machine started out being built by Broadway. I don't know where they are with it now.

karen WW

Reaction score
Wanted to jump into this conversation to answer the distributor question but first let me say thanks to Scott for his kind words about Washworld. We were built on customer service and work hard to never lose that focus...you are important to us! As to our Michigan Distributor, it is indeed Shane Anderson of Thunderbay Services.
Washworld, Inc.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
Kind of a soap opera around here isn't it;) I actually don't know who the MI WashWorld distributor is. Between their former distributor (Woltco) and WashWorld factory support my needs are met.

WashWorld's friction machine started out being built by Broadway. I don't know where they are with it now.
I tried to compare the two machines via the internet. I was unable to find a decent picture of the Broadway to compare the basic frame of the two machines. They look very similar except the WW has more covers.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
How about this thought, they took the best parts of the Broadway machine and then WashWorlded the rest of it?

IBFLYIN

Reaction score
I was thinking about buying a Wash World last fall so I called the company to ask some questions. My call was taken and I spoke to a service tech for about an hour. I was very impressed with the whole structure of that company. although I didn't buy a new machine last fall, I bought one this year and plans for install the middle of November. I am really looking forward to working with them.

JustClean

Reaction score
I had a look at both machines and can't make up my mind:
WW Razor:
Well-made,
a lot of stainless steel instead aluminium
excellent company reputation

Laserwash 360:
open bay,
looks more impressive

At the end I might go with the Laserwash as I like the open bay design and larger distributor in my area.

sprocket

Reaction score
I to looked at both machines before buying and i made up my mind and purchased the Wash World. When the install was complete they were making some adjustments and the installer said they would adjust the passenger side closer to the car. So I said what about the drivers side and it was explained to me that the drivers side does not adjust, I was suprised becaused this was not explained to me at the time of the purchase. It is sold as it measures the width and the length of the car but it was never explained to me that it doesn't measure the drivers side. I was upset to learn this after the install was complete. I was sure I had made a huge mistake. After seeing how this machine works and dealing with Wash World, I knew I had made the correct choice. I can call my distributor or Wash World with questions or about service and there is always some one available nites or weekends. As you know the only time you have any problems is nites, weekends, or holidays. I can't speak for PDQ because I have never had one but after the sale they still know who you are. The quality and workmanship is second to none and its nice to know that when it's broke that someone is there that will answer the phone and help with service or parts. I already have to deal with distributors and manufacturers that forget who you are unless they can sell you new equipment. I won't say there equipment is the best because I don't know , but when it comes to service I can say BAR NONE it's the best. When you have a piece of equipment that runs in harsh chemicals, wet conditions,and extreme temperatures it's nice to know that parts or help are only a phone call away and they will answer when you call. The distributor or factory support are the most important part of the car wash business.
Sprocket

Etowah