What's new
Car Wash Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What’s some opinions on the Washworld machines

Allwash

New member
So currently the car wash I work at has a tammermatic t700 pro hybrid and we’re looking into a new machine because it’s starting to get tired. The names I’ve heard are petit, mark 7 and Washworld. My opinion is I like what I see for Washworld especially the hyperforce but I was hoping to get some feedback on how reliable the Washworld machines are and what’s the chemical consumption like. Any info on the other brands too would be nice
 
my washworld razor is about 5 years old. it's a reliable, well-made machine. i've replaced a set of photo eyes, a few hp hoses, a few chem injectors, one belt and i think that's it.

the distributor makes a big difference and mine is top notch; Autowash Maintenance from Malden, MA. Great people.

I can't say much about chem usage other than it's fine considering my price point ($20+ apc). I'm a set it and forget it type of guy, so once my distributor set up my pkgs, I left things alone.

I think Washworld is the best I've seen. I am biased toward them because their awesome equipment and fabulous distributor totally reinvigorated my business.
 
I think you’ll find that Wash World is highly regarded on this forum for build quality and top notch customer support from the factory.
Petit is a great choice too especially if you need higher throughput than other single bay IBAs.
Mark7 was always a great machine but I don’t hear about them much anymore.
In any case, remember that your distributor is Just as important as the quality of the machine. If the guy you buy from can’t offer support in a reasonable amount of time it doesn’t matter how good the machine is. You need to consider local support just as important as manufacturer
 
my washworld razor is about 5 years old. it's a reliable, well-made machine. i've replaced a set of photo eyes, a few hp hoses, a few chem injectors, one belt and i think that's it.

the distributor makes a big difference and mine is top notch; Autowash Maintenance from Malden, MA. Great people.

I can't say much about chem usage other than it's fine considering my price point ($20+ apc). I'm a set it and forget it type of guy, so once my distributor set up my pkgs, I left things alone.

I think Washworld is the best I've seen. I am biased toward them because their awesome equipment and fabulous distributor totally reinvigorated my business.
How’s it cleaning wise? I’m based in southern Alberta Canada and the road grime and dirt here is extremely hard to get off to the point only the brushes on my current machine can get it off which is why I wanted the apex first but it can’t fit in the bay since it can’t be wall mounted bc of the windows and can’t fit with the free standing frame since the bays not wide enough
 
cleans well. i get very few complaints.

the side blasters help. mine are fixed and spray up at the sides/ rockers and when the customers enter slowly its very effective at cleaning.
 
I do not own a touch free IBA, so take this for what it is worth, but in addition to the great suggestions you have already received, you may also want to consider and Oasis Typhoon. Oasis has a much smaller distributor network, so that might be the deal breaker for you right there, but you should at least visit one if you can. These machines are powerful, set up to wash quickly and efficiently and it is an awesome family owned business in Kansas that goes out of their way for their customers. But I agree, Pettit, Washworld - maybe even PDQ - you can’t go wrong.
 
I’m based in southern Alberta Canada and the road grime and dirt here is extremely hard to get off
Chemistry is also a huge factor here.
If I were you I’d be going through every touchless Carwash within a 50 mile radius. Also, start working with distributors and ask them which locations you should visit that best represent their machine and their chemicals.
Any touch free machine should be able to clean cars if the chemicals are set up properly. Good chemistry, good coverage, and proper impingement
 
I have a question that I hope helps.
When it comes to maintenance, how do those who have had Mark Vii machines feel about having all the pumps and motors on the machine in the bay? From my understanding, it's one of their major selling points, because you don't need a ton of floor space in a cramped equipment room. But, being a wet, corrosive environment, I have worried about it. That, and the weight of the machine must be immense.
I have heard good things about Oasis, but knowing what I know now, I am not sure I am a fan of hydraulics out in the bay. Whenever something leaks, that fluid goes all over, including cars. Doesn't Oasis use hydraulics?
I work with old Futura stuff, so I am outdated.
I hope that helps in considering long term ownership.
 
Back
Top