What's new

What's in a name ? What should we name our new tunnel express car wash?

Mark M

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Are there any general rules, or ideas on how to come up with a name for a new car wash (tunnel)? Are there any names or themes we should stay away from, or any mistakes that we could make with the name (as long as it's available and not trademarked)? Not necessarily looking for names, just some of the thinking that goes into creating it.

We plan to open our first wash sometime in late summer and will be located in the Chicago-land area.

Thank you!!!

chaz

Reaction score
My only thought is that the words CAR WASH be more prominent than your logo or name. Everyone knows what the Golden Arches are.....but it’s taken many years for that logo to immediately bring to mind burgers and fries

Roz

Reaction score
Chicagoland Car Wash

KISS is the approach

washnshine

Reaction score
Around me , we have Royal, Delta Sonic, Bubble Boy, Classy Chassy, Mr. Luster, One Stop, and many others with the name of a person or a town or a street before the words - car wash or auto wash.

Maybe first think if you want it named after a person or location (town/street etc.) or if you want to go the route of a catchy, unique name.

I used to know the guy who owned Sparkle City Car Wash. he sold it and the new owner called it The Sudsy Bucket - I liked the old name better, but the new owner wanted people to know it was under new ownership.

Google car washes in any city or town in the country and get a few names you like, then mix and match for your own. Tell us what you come up with.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's all about the customer. Your name is part of your marketing. Give them some thing they will remember . Moe Vaughns triple play, Brown Bear, scrub a dub, Auto Shower and golden nozzle are some names that come to mind in car washing when I think about brand recognition. Stick with that kind of philosophy and you'll be all set.

Last edited:

MEP001

Reaction score
My name is Jordan so no issue......
Tell that to Mr. Nissan...

Roz

Reaction score
Wow. What a story. Names are a tricky area of law especially given the number of places with the exact same name

Etowah