What's new

What would you put on sign at entrance?

APW

Reaction score
Curious what you would put on sign at entrance to IBA? Was thinking: You must remove all loose debris from bed of truck? Check clearance before entering. What else would you put?

Reds

Reaction score
I have a clearance arch that came with my WW. They hit it all the time. knocked it down twice. I have an issue with tin cans and trash in my auto bays and am also looking for some kind of signage wording. I am considering a wire mesh trash can just past my arch with a sign that says something like "pickup trucks are NOT allowed in this wash with loose trash, debris, or tin cans in the bed". Perhaps something along the lines also about at $100 cleanup fee. The tin cans get jammed under my water wizard and the prox switches shut down the wash. Debris gets in front of the UC eyes so the UC won't work. I had a towel get wrapped around my counting wheel and shut it down. Also lots of mulch, grass, and hay. Makes the place look like hell. Very annoying. I'm ready to wring someones neck !

APW

Reaction score
I thought about putting: To prevent vehicle damage, remove all loose trash or debris from bed of truck. Wonder if they would consider it more if they think their truck might get damaged. What's the height clearance on your WW?

MEP001

Reaction score
Ask a local cop if they'll help you enforce a sign like "$100 cleanup fee for debris left in bay." They will here.

Someone drove a tall vehicle into the auto and wrecked it recently. The clearance bar was just a pipe hanging, which they knocked down. There's a 4x12 across the entrance now - they're not getting in.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score

Jeff_L

Reaction score
I agree JM, but outside of the running boards, "non factory" statement covers it. However, some things just have to be spelled out. I pulled a trailer hitch off an SUV as it pulled in the other day. Put it back on for the customer when he was done. He then asked me if that was on my sign, I pointed to the non factory statement, but he said there's nothing about trailer hitches. lol, okay.