What's new

WHAT would you do starting from Scratch ? Blank 12-position rotary Switch

softsuds

Reaction score
A little backstory..... I had a wash for a few years and was ready to refurb. Along came a buyer out of nowhere and made me an offer too good to refuse and I just walked away. Fast Forward to This year, I purchased a small abandoned 3 bay SS. Good building, 5HP 3ph motors, solid pump stand and thats about it.
Wash/Rinse/Wax High Pressure, Low pressure Tire Clean on a Bladder/Diaphragm tank, Dema Injector Foam Brush. Nothing else.

Keeping the pump Stand and Motors and the rest is trash.

So, With that, I'm going to be posting several " WHAT would you do" post just to help me and others look at different topics and see after years of experience would you do it again, change , not do it, do it differently.

My current Thought on a 12-position switch Below, What would you change do differently ?

1 - Bug Remover
2- Tire Cleaner
3- Presoak
4- Rinse
5-Wash/Soap
6-Tire Brush
7-Foam Brush
8-Rinse
9-HP Wax
10-LP Polish/Rain-x/Foaming something through a foam gun
11- Blow Dryer
12-Off

Thoughts ? Ideas ?

OurTown

Reaction score
You might want spot free rinse just before dryer. Also I would want the last rinse to be just before the spot free.

washnshine

Reaction score
A little backstory..... I had a wash for a few years and was ready to refurb. Along came a buyer out of nowhere and made me an offer too good to refuse and I just walked away. Fast Forward to This year, I purchased a small abandoned 3 bay SS. Good building, 5HP 3ph motors, solid pump stand and thats about it.
Wash/Rinse/Wax High Pressure, Low pressure Tire Clean on a Bladder/Diaphragm tank, Dema Injector Foam Brush. Nothing else.

Keeping the pump Stand and Motors and the rest is trash.

So, With that, I'm going to be posting several " WHAT would you do" post just to help me and others look at different topics and see after years of experience would you do it again, change , not do it, do it differently.

My current Thought on a 12-position switch Below, What would you change do differently ?

1 - Bug Remover
2- Tire Cleaner
3- Presoak
4- Rinse
5-Wash/Soap
6-Tire Brush
7-Foam Brush
8-Rinse
9-HP Wax
10-LP Polish/Rain-x/Foaming something through a foam gun
11- Blow Dryer
12-Off

Thoughts ? Ideas ?
I’d probably move the #8 rinse to after the foaming gun, and remove the bug prep to make room for spot free rinse. Presoak serves as a bug prep. My last three would be rinse, spot free rinse , then blow dryer.

MEP001

Reaction score
I'd do it:

1: Tire cleaner/Engine degreaser (Signage would state to use these first to give best dwell)
2: Presoak (I wouldn't do bug off since a good presoak should do the job)
3: High pressure soap
4: Tire/wheel brush
5: Foam brush
6: High pressure rinse
7: LP foam conditioner/CCP/Rain-X equivalent
8: HP wax
9: HP rinse
10: Spot free rinse
11: Blow dryer
12: Off