What's new

What was your worst customer?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
This does not qualify as one of our “worst customers” but entertaining none the less….

This customer ask if I found his floor mats…

I asked, when did you leave them, and he said about a month ago!
I had one guy that claimed he left his mats "about a year ago". He also claimed he called that number on the door about ten times (my personal cell phone). He then accused me of stealing them and using them in my own vehicle.

KFPanda

Reaction score
I had one guy that claimed he left his mats "about a year ago". He also claimed he called that number on the door about ten times (my personal cell phone). He then accused me of stealing them and using them in my own vehicle.
I get those people alot at the hand wash.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I get that sometimes too. The last person that lost a nice set of mats because they spaced out and left them behind asked me "what are we going to do about this"??? WE!!!???

Reaction score
Two guys pulled up to my vacuums with their truck and boat trailer (with boat) that had gasoline on the flooring, along with water. They sucked it up in the vacuum and blew it up with flames all over the place. The picture below is what the vacuums looked like before the explosion.

View attachment 8983
It really makes me wonder what can an operator do To either warn customers about the dangers of sucking up flammable liquids, or potentially having some sort of system where there would be a sensor inside the vacuum that detect any sort of presence of flammable gases, vapours or liquids and then cut power to the vacuum to prevent a fire?
I can understand if it sounds like it’s something impossible To build/implement considering the airflow and the dust that vacuums suck up could potentially foul the sensor

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
3 years ago these guys came in and washed out their oil tank, using the HP nozzle. When they were done, the nozzle was covered in thick, black grease and then hung it back in the wand holder! The next customer alerted us and we headed over to clean up the bay. Took awhile to clean up the greasy mess. 😖 The hose and spray nozzle were so bad, we had to replace them. I'm just grateful they didn't wash out the greasy tank into my bay! After watching the video and their body language, I think they were overwhelmed by this project and the realization they had created a bigger mess for themselves! o_O

Attachments

Last edited:

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
My wife reminded me about this.
Back around 1979 we were checking the washes around 10:00 at night.
In the 8 th. bay 2 girls were side by side against the wall with their pants down kneeling down on the floor taking poop.
I started to open my car door to well at them but my wife said to leave them alone.
Funny thigh the were yelling at us.

Scott.Downey

Reaction score
Was nothing wrong with it?
He Comes every couple weeks with a day cab in a outside bay and does the same shit every time. Bay works fine to wash a vehicle but probably struggles as a truck wash.

Reaction score
It sounds like the guy was trying to push on the stickers thinking it was a control panel, on an unrelated note do you have a foam brush?

Eric H

Reaction score
Scott Downey, I can relate…but the way, nothing wrong with either of these machines. Operator error both times. One guy didn’t put the startup amount in the bay. The change machine guy was counting dollar coins as quarters IMG_3461.jpeg IMG_2417.jpeg

Keno

Reaction score
I hate when people do that - what would make someone think its ok to write with permanent marker on our machines and signs?!?!?