What's new

What vacuum hoses do you use?

MEP001

Reaction score
I've always used Smooth-Bor, but the last few batches haven't been any good. The biggest issue is the size not being consistent, either I can't get it into the vac or the tool is too tight or too loose. They aren't lasting years like they used to, only months now before it will break and unravel somewhere along the length. I get them from Kleen-Rite, I order 7 at a time and they come in the Smooth-Bor box so I know they aren't sneaking in their own brand like they did once before.

What's a good brand now?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
No suggestions as of yet but I've noticed the same thing with that brand- they're not lasting like they used to. My best option is start buying the cheap ones and change them more often.

OurTown

Reaction score
We use the ones CWSS sells and they told me they were made by Plastiflex. (of course that is subject to change since they are branded by CWSS) They seem to hold up okay and I can tell they are made a little different than the Smooth-Bor ones we bought from KR..

OurTown

Reaction score
I just looked at KR's website and see that the Smooth-Bor brand is the most expensive. Has anyone tried the KR Dura-Slide hoses?

Dylanbennett

Reaction score
We have duraslide and so far like them only had them 3 months but so far seem good and way heavier duty

MEP001

Reaction score
I just looked at KR's website and see that the Smooth-Bor brand is the most expensive. Has anyone tried the KR Dura-Slide hoses?
They don't even list Smooth-Bor anymore except for yellow.

Going to order some Dura-Slide next time, thanks for the suggestions.

MEP001

Reaction score
Got some Dura-Slide, just in time as the newest Smooth-Bor I put on kept unraveling. The Dura-Slide fit into the vacuum fine, and the claw nozzle fit fine into the hose. The one I took off was barely a month old.