What's new

What spray tips for undercarriage

Etowah

vinh

Reaction score
I finally got my undercarriage spray to work with the rocket panel in IBA. Since I recent increased prices by $1, I decided to advertised the new under car spray. Only problem is after 5 years of used the tips are clogged and worn from tire wear. What tip size are people using? It is a high volume pump at 350 psi. I think I see one tip is 9020. but not sure.

Thanks ahead.

mac

Reaction score
Depends on how many nozzles you have. Most have four if it's a pipe perpindictular to the car. A 30 or 40 degree nozzle should do in that case, with the spray slightly angled so each one sprays without hitting the one next to it. How many gallons per minute does your pump put out at that pressure? 350 psi is hig but not that high. Many automatics put out 800 to 1200 psi for undercarriage. If your pump is 20 gpm, then a 5 gallon tip will do. Don't forget to specify what pipe size the tips are when you order.

vinh

Reaction score
The nozzle turn out to be 9220 in 1/8 inch. There are 6 of them in a metal 1/2 pipe. I took them off and cleaned them. It work fine now. It will not get mud off cars but I guess it all for show. For the longest time I thought it was a problem with my solenoid. thanks for the reply.