What's new

What meterbox selections to add?

Overachiever

Reaction score
I have 3 available buttons on my meter boxes (my slowest bay actually has 4 since it doesn't have an air shammee), what other selections should I add? Seasonal bug off / desalt option and then something like rain x? What about my last button?

I currently have:
Tire / Engine Cleaner
Presoak
Foam Brush
Triple Foam Conditioner
HP Rinse
HP Soap
HP Wax
Spot Free Rinse
Air Shammee

Sparkleclean

Reaction score
I have 3 available buttons on my meter boxes (my slowest bay actually has 4 since it doesn't have an air shammee), what other selections should I add? Seasonal bug off / desalt option and then something like rain x? What about my last button?

I currently have:
Tire / Engine Cleaner
Presoak
Foam Brush
Triple Foam Conditioner
HP Rinse
HP Soap
HP Wax
Spot Free Rinse
Air Shammee
We added the underbody wash wand from hydrospray. I love it and my customers love it. You do have to do a lot of demonstrations of it to get people to understand how it works in the begining, and it is pricey at a couple grand each, but if you are in the northern climates with lots of salt on the roads it will be profitable. If your really adventerous you could build them yourself.

MEP001

Reaction score
I've been thinking lately that we need a function like a foam cannon. It wouldn't be very cost-effective to run, but it might draw in people to see it work. I still remember customers first using the tri-foam gun and being amazed at the colors changing.

martinwash

Reaction score
We offer active foam which is basically another gun just for that on the other side of the bay. We don't offer brush though.

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
what other selections should I add? Seasonal bug off / desalt option
I added Bug-Off and DeSalt last year, I have them on the same selection and switch it - bug off in the spring/summer, desalt in the late fall/winter.
DeSalt is popular, glad I added it. But it did require a sign explaining how to use it, and I created a big sign to put out at the curb to advertise it every time snow is forecast.
Bug-off doesnt get much use, as I expected because we dont have a big bug problem here.

MEP001

Reaction score
Does triple foam actually do anything besides look cool??
There are products that do. I use the Simoniz UVP Triple Foam Polish. I noticed a lot of customers would foam up their cars and let the time run out, then use the foam brush to buff in the product. I tried it and there's a noticeable difference i shine. It says on the pail to apply and buff in with mitts. Hopefully the UVP really does something.

There are also products that are just colored and scented foam agents.

Overachiever

Reaction score
Has anyone added Tire Shine? If so, does it get used / need to be weeped?