What's new

What kind of vacuums?

MEP001

Reaction score
Many years ago I was told by a rep for the vacuum companies that they recommended three motor primarily for washes at high altitudes.
Makes sense if there's less air density.

edredtop

Reaction score
I’ve used Fragramatics for 20 years. I have had good service from them and they have been reliable. I have replaced wear items but that’s about it. I have the shampoo vacs and the fragrance vacs. The fragrance is oil base and doesn’t freeze. The shampoo comes in summer and winter formula. I have never had the winter mix freeze. The shampoo is not messy when you vac it up, the foam is pretty dry. They have been money makers for me and I would buy them again. I also have regular vac only machines. My combo vacs do about twice as much as the vac only.
I've always wondered if the shampoo vacs have a higher frequency of bio-hazard customers.
(vomit, urine, feces... you know, the things a 20 something or a 90 something person might do after partying too much.)

edredtop

Reaction score
This is pretty much the way it is in Western Washington, lots of theft and crime. The attached picture, this happened at 8:30 in the morning while the clean up guy was in the back cleaning up the mess around the back vacuums.
A possible candidate for Credit card only?

Reaction score
Thanks all for your input! I think when the time comes, I would probably do a small sampling of the specialty machines, for those customers who want to use it, but I don't see the need to install a fancy, high dollar unit for each spot. Also, seems like the common opinion is that the Fraga Matic machines are over all good, so they are at the top of my list for considerations. I will have to see if any of my local washes have them.

SuperShine

Reaction score
I’d go with dual boom style vacs with tap readers. Hoses stay way cleaner and out of the way and it just looks more professional and less mom and pop.

I’m done with constantly picking up hoses because people can’t be bothered to be decent. Don’t want to hang up vac hoses and shampoo hoses? That’s fine with me, coinless boom vacs with individual producers it is.

Sales are way up and no more bloody break-ins or coin jams when someone’s aunt try’s to pay with buttons or pesos.

IMO, Combo vacs are old school, look dingy and are a bit of a maintenance pain in the axx too. Maybe 1 fragramatics shampoo vac but the rest would be center mounted dual boom vacs with a massive pour in place bollard protecting it from people that can’t find the brake pedal.

Attachments

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
I’d go with dual boom style vacs with tap readers. Hoses stay way cleaner and out of the way and it just looks more professional and less mom and pop.

I’m done with constantly picking up hoses because people can’t be bothered to be decent. Don’t want to hang up vac hoses and shampoo hoses? That’s fine with me, coinless boom vacs with individual producers it is.

Sales are way up and no more bloody break-ins or coin jams when someone’s aunt try’s to pay with buttons or pesos.

IMO, Combo vacs are old school, look dingy and are a bit of a maintenance pain in the axx too. Maybe 1 fragramatics shampoo vac but the rest would be center mounted dual boom vacs with a massive pour in place bollard protecting it from people that can’t find the brake pedal.
That sure is one sexy setup.....

OurTown

Reaction score

We have racked our brains trying to figure out how we can do this. Our site just won't allow it without onsite traffic compromise. We might be able to have two like that but even that would be tight.

Randy

Reaction score
That is truly beautiful.

edredtop

Reaction score
Dumb question:
It looks like a dual boom vac has, well, two working booms for one transaction.
If that is the case, what keeps people with two vehicles from occupying two stalls and only dropping one transaction fee?

Last edited:

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Dumb question:
It looks like a dual boom vac has, well, two working booms for one transaction.
If that is the case, what keeps people with two vehicles from occupying two stalls and only dropping one transaction fee?
Nothing except at the end of the day - if you have pay vacs, is that you are selling time so time I expect if they used both hose for one producer the suction would be bad.
Don't expect it would be much of n issue.

HeyVern

Reaction score
Nothing except at the end of the day - if you have pay vacs, is that you are selling time so time I expect if they used both hose for one producer the suction would be bad.
Don't expect it would be much of n issue.
The suction does drop if both hoses are used at the same time, but not significantly. One hose has a claw and one has a crevice tool so people rarely use both at the same time. I have never seen anyone try to vacuum two cars at the same time, yet. I suppose it's only a matter of time until someone does. Still, the vacuum runs the same amount of time for the same price.

Mattwash

Reaction score
This is pretty much the way it is in Western Washington, lots of theft and crime. The attached picture, this happened at 8:30 in the morning while the clean up guy was in the back cleaning up the mess around the back vacuums.
WTH!!! That is insane!!!