What's new

What kind of credit card do carry? Magnetic Strip only, Tap only, Magnetic Strip and Tap

My credit card has tap, magnetic strip or both?

• Both Tap and Magnetic Strip

Votes: 14 87.5%
  • Tap Only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Magnetic Strip Only

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

sparkey

Reaction score
I am in the process of adding some more cryptopay credit card readers to my wash and was trying to figure out if most credit cards these days have both the magnetic strip and tap ability?

OurTown

Reaction score
I carry several cards for personal and two businesses from the largest credit union in Ohio which also happens to be headquartered nearby. (WPCU) All of them have magnetic strip and chip only. Surely someday they will have tap but they won't tell me when.

TMoliver

Reaction score
Several c-stores, fast food and pharmacies, locations in central AR show Tap but it is not turned on Mag strip or chip only

Etowah

OurTown

Reaction score
Most Cards seem to now have Tap Stripe and Chip. However, as of late it seams an increasing part of the younger crowd is not carrying the card but loading it into their phone and that can only pay with tap.

Good point and maybe our credit union realizes that and wants to save us members the cost of the tap cards. I'm betting that most people that tap load the cards on their phone instead of tapping the physical card.

OurTown

Reaction score
Several c-stores, fast food and pharmacies, locations in central AR show Tap but it is not turned on Mag strip or chip only

I have noticed that around here too but not sure why.

washnvac

Reaction score
Agree with Earl. My 22 and 20 year old daughters want nothing to do with cash. Everything is loaded on their phones. They venmo money back and forth with their friends. I can not get through to them, that sometimes you just need a little cash for something. It falls on deaf ears, though.

Keno

Reaction score
All my cards have all 3, I use tap as the first try, if that doesn't work, I insert the card. Don't think I've used the mag stripe in years - an only then its if the CC terminal had an issue with the other 2 methods. I don't use my phone for payment - but the majority of my generation and younger definitely do - and most don't have cash either. I always have a few bucks in cash with me.

HeyVern

Reaction score
I have used tap a few times, I normally use the chip, I did actually swipe it, for the first time in years, a few weeks ago because the reader wasn't reading chips.

edredtop

Reaction score
Juuust in case one didn't know, this is the logo to look for if one is wondering if a card is tap enabled...

1716186990312.png

water guy

Reaction score
Yes I was wondering where you can purchase more advertisement for tap.