What's new

What is this?

Haines

Reaction score
Thought I would ask the gurus here, what are these? I was cleaning the other day and found a dozen of these from the previous owner. I know that they look like the end of a broom handle that screws into the head, but thought maybe they had something to do with the wash? I can't imagine why you would need a dozen on hand. Notice they have no through hole like perhaps some sort of foam brush head. Anyone? I hate to throw something out if I don't know what its for. :confused:

Thanks!

View attachment 1032 View attachment 1033

chaz

Reaction score
Im gonna go with broom handle adapter. Ya never know when you may need these....

https://www.grainger.com/product/VIKAN-White-Polypropylene-Adapter-46MW39?s_pp=false&picUrl=//static.grainger.com/rp/s/is/image/Grainger/46MW39_AS01?$smthumb$

Haines

Reaction score
There isn't some hidden car wash use that I am oblivious of? I've pushed plenty of brooms, but I can't think of a time I needed a spare... or twelve...

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I don't doubt that it's a broom handle adapter. I have two theories on why they are there.

1 - He found them at the wash and like many of us, just couldn't throw them away.
B - He ordered 12 left handed widget spinner adapters. He ordered or was sent these by mistake. They weren't worth the shipping price to return them.

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
sorry, couldnt resist.
I have to go with broom/brush adapter too.

I cant quite tell the size from the pic, but maybe an old FB handle fits in the other end -- useful as a broom handle adapter for putting out a tire brush. (Maybe?) (I have stiff bristle brushes on old FB handles, we use these on tires during fund raisers.)

Maybe left over from a parking lot sealing project?

Haines

Reaction score
Well thanks for the replies. The amount had me baffled. Now they will probably stay where they are for the next owner because I can't pitch them either... :D

Jeff_L

Reaction score
I don't think it's a car wash thing, at least not something that passes liquid since there's no hole on the end. I agree it looks like an adapter for a broom. Put them in a box, mark them as IMPORTANT/FRAGILE and put them in the attic. Lol

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
That goes into an acme threaded brush. Manual car wash brushes like used for prepping or home washes usually have acme threads. Also used for paint rollers, etc. My guess is also probably ordered as an error, and too much trouble to send them back