What's new

What is the worst mess you have had to clean up?

Reaction score
I think I have it bad when I have to clean up afew buckets of mud in the self serve bays. Once in awhile some one will mention picking up wheelbarrows full of mud, so I was just wondering whats the worst you have had to deal with; wether it is mud, grease, hay or trash. Dont forget the automatics too, its amazing what can happen in there also.

Eric H

Reaction score
Well, today it was a dead cat in the trash can. I'll let you know what tomorrow brings.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Eric

Your obvious cries for attention are very sad indeed.
First water whirled tokens show up in Leominster and now you've got a dead cat.

I knew this thread would turn out just like this!:D:D

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Quite a few dead catfish dumped in one of my trashcans, in the middle of summer. You could smell it all the way across the lot.

The second would be a toilet, yes a toilet.....twice! One at each wash.

Eric H

Reaction score
Eric

I knew this thread would turn out just like this!:D:D
I see a dead cat I get sad. You, being a GD hillbilly, call the family over for dinner.

Jerry33

Reaction score
tar

i've had many dead animals of all types, cats, dogs, deer, geese, turkeys, fox, raccoons, etc. i'm convience the conversation goes like this: Honey, there is a dead animal in the back yard, what are we going to do with it? I don't know, bay 8 at the car wash, i guess."

but the biggest mess may have been an accident since i don't have any enemies smart enough to think of making this kind of mess. some kind of a tar carrying vehicle pulled more than 3/4 the way into the bay and somehow slung tar all over the bay, up two feet on the wall, and out onto the parking lot. i wasn't sure how to even begin cleanup when i found it. it was still gooey soft. after scrapping, i tried every solvent i'd ever heard of and barely made a dent in it. finally out of desperation, i used some highly refined petrolium products that i would never recommend.

Red Baron

Reaction score
A lady evidently spilled a gallon of mint-green pain in the trunk of her Honda Accord. They had it everywhere in one of my SS bay, on the walls, the hoses, the foamy brush, all dried by the time I found it. They made such a mess of themselves they tracked it across the parking lot to the vac island where they threw their shoes in a trashcan and wiped their hand on everything in site.

My 1100 psi wouldn't touch it. We hade to bring in a 3,000 psi heated pressure washer to get it cleaned up.

Got her on cameras but could not identify her - even asked the lumberyard who bought mint-green paint. No joy.

Washmechanic

Washmechanic, Ibas. ss,
Reaction score
A lady evidently spilled a gallon of mint-green pain in the trunk of her Honda Accord. They had it everywhere in one of my SS bay, on the walls, the hoses, the foamy brush, all dried by the time I found it. They made such a mess of themselves they tracked it across the parking lot to the vac island where they threw their shoes in a trashcan and wiped their hand on everything in site.

My 1100 psi wouldn't touch it. We hade to bring in a 3,000 psi heated pressure washer to get it cleaned up.

Got her on cameras but could not identify her - even asked the lumberyard who bought mint-green paint. No joy.
Last spring, some jerk sprayed out heavy grey oil based paint in one of the self serve bays. It was up the walls all over the floor and out onto the asphalt. Even had full shoe prints from the bay heading towards the bill changers. Moped up as much as possible using two rolls of paper towels. Then use two gallons of paint thinner and the high pressure gun, high pressure soap and rinse for three hours to get the mess cleaned up. Some of the paint still is present on the asphalt if you look for it.

jprb

Reaction score
I once opened up a vacuum (on a WINDY day) to clean it out. It had been packed full of styrofoam peanuts. They went EVERYWHERE!! Spent an hour trying to gather enough of them that it didn't look like it had snowed on the lot.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
We had drywall, pvc, plumbing, sinks, tiolets, etc. all the way across the width of our bay and about six feet high the whole length.
Someone must have rehabbed an apartment complex and decided we were the dump site.
It took us three days and had to have our dumpster emptied three times before we had it all cleaned up.
Also had a guy die in one of our bays. He got out of his car and had a heart attack. It couldn't have been the price that caused it because I was only $1.25 at the time.
Once we had some females decide to leave their used co**xs in a bay and write all over the walls "we the bit**es".
And I'm in an upscale area.

jloebker

Reaction score

I knew this thread would turn out just like this!:D:D[/QUOTE]

WAX RELAX

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
It wasn't my wash but I was at an IBA in a c-store and their plumbing, including their toilets had backed up into their reclaim pit. Talk about $hitty water quality.

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
1. someone pooped in the bay, picked it up and shoved it in the changers. Validator repair guy loved that one.

2. grease trap from the local restaurant had to be bucketed from the pits. The smell and flies were still there weeks later, so were the homeless dogs smelling around.

3. Dump truck size pile of debris. At least they dumped it right next to the dumpster

4. routine paint, grease, tar but the worst is the glue used to put down vinyl floors, cant get that up at all

Sequoia

AKA Duane H- 3 bay SS
Reaction score
Mess

Installed brand new combo vacs two years ago. Within a month after installation, some idiot used one of the vacs to vacuum paint out of the bottoms of not-quite-empty latex paint cans. Why he did that, unless it was deliberate vandalism, is hard for me to understand.

What's easy to understand was the mess it caused inside the hose, canister, and filters.

Red Baron

Reaction score
Installed brand new combo vacs two years ago. Within a month after installation, some idiot used one of the vacs to vacuum paint out of the bottoms of not-quite-empty latex paint cans. Why he did that, unless it was deliberate vandalism, is hard for me to understand.

What's easy to understand was the mess it caused inside the hose, canister, and filters.
That kind of thing helps to identify the useless among us. When someone is caught doing something that blatantly stupid, he/she should be sent to an island like a leper so that he and his kind don't continue to pollute the gene pool. That, or maybe they could be caged and used for medical experiments in place of monkey and rats.

Etowah