What's new

What is a good price on a new Razor loaded?

Eugene

Old Man
Reaction score
I have a bid of $140K that includes the removal of old equipment. New one has on board dryer and includes install.

slash007

Reaction score
Is that for machine only, or any anything else like a pay station? Also, how much of that is for the on board dryer?

Roz

Reaction score
The Razor with all the options (cold weather package, remote access, etc?). Your installer should show you the detailed quote from WW with the options selected and tell you the cost for the installation. We purchased most (not all) of the options in 2018 for about $105K plus installation cost ($15K) which included the disposal of the old IBA. The paystation was extra and can vary significantly depending on the system you select (Hamilton, Unitec, ICS). This does not include any expenses for upgrading the electrical panels or raising the bay roof to 11' in a small section so the unit can be serviced (as in our case)...Ask for the details to avoid surprises.

Eugene

Old Man
Reaction score
Has all of that. Does not included pay pay station. No wiring upgrades included in price. Does included New Edge package for a $9K add on and 40HP blower (on board) .

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I like this Thread the reason i say is, I have talked to distributors in my area some are so expensive compared to others out of state. It makes you wonder who is charging reasonably and who is taking advantage. I wish several guys on here would post pictures of the quote on the form since we can post pictures easy now. I want to see a Quote with dryers, weep everything but the paystation would be awsome.

Roz

Reaction score
Keep in mind that this installation was one of the last for the Razor version 3. Razor version 4 has more bells and whistles (and improvements)....installation is not an exact science as we ran into some unexpected costs as we removed the old IBA and learned about the requirements for the new IBA (electrical and water). Project was supposed to take 2 weeks and ended up taking 3-4 to get the machine optimized in terms of performance and chemical usage.

Attachments

slash007

Reaction score
That seems like a great price. Did they discount it because the version 4 was out? I just received a qoute on one and a few things are higher and of course no discount. Starting price is 79,995 and seems stainless rails are extra instead of included. What did they charge you for installation?

Roz

Reaction score
December is always the best time to purchase a new car or anything where there are sales reps looking to be salesman of the year. The discount helped close the deal before 2018. In hindsight I wish I waited for version 4 but that is a different story.

Installation is done by a WW distributor, not by WW so costs vary by distributor. More experienced ones are better at estimating the cost.

slash007

Reaction score
Anyone here install 2 IBA and get a better deal? I'm thinking about replacing both and trying to get a decent discount on both if I go that route.

pgrzes

Reaction score
Eugene, I would recommend eliminating the onboard dryers and go with standalone dryers. It will save time and give you ability to wash more cars, and have some flexibility with dryer layouts. Plus a standalone dryer will probably save you a few dollars.
On another note with Washworld, I will start by saying I really like the company. I have 2 of their machines. Great tech support, a lot of really great people there. BUT I feel they are making a mistake in limiting distributors areas. When I purchased my first machine I had 3-4 distributors in my area, 3 that wouldnt give me the time of day, and 1 that was awesome. Now he is no longer around and I am told I have to deal with a certain distributor??? Why would I deal with a guy that didnt want to sell me anything? I rarely use a distributor as we do all our own repairs, but if I need certain parts I am stuck. If distributors have overlaps in areas, a good distributor will not care about that, a weak one will complain someone else is selling in my area! To tell me who I have to deal with is just wrong. If I dont like the GMC Dealer around the corner I go elsewhere.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Keep in mind that this installation was one of the last for the Razor version 3. Razor version 4 has more bells and whistles (and improvements)....installation is not an exact science as we ran into some unexpected costs as we removed the old IBA and learned about the requirements for the new IBA (electrical and water). Project was supposed to take 2 weeks and ended up taking 3-4 to get the machine optimized in terms of performance and chemical usage.

Roz thank you so so much for doing that.

Roz

Reaction score
what differences do you know of between versions 3 and 4?
You should ask a WW rep for all the differences however my perception from the Nashville show is that ver 4 has newer/better onboard colored LED lights, a new faster special options applicator (I think it can apply triform or lava flow faster), the controller box in the equipment room uses newer (more robust in terms of programing) controller PLCs, and the pump stand was redesigned to be easier to service and has more controllable functions.

Our dryers are not onboard, they reside on a stand outside the bay exit door. This allows us to wash more cars per hour when we are slammed as the next car starts the process (blasters and under carriage) as the previous car is going thru the dryer area. Also reduces the weight that must travel on the rails which I am guessing reduces wear/tear.